Grounding two amps to one battery

Yea Leon I am in the sweet spot and it took a lot of money electrical wise to get there and Rolex your right if it ant broke don't fix it!! Just want a excuse too work on the truck haha it's the hobbiest in me!

well the frame has been proven to be the best ground but i wouldn't worry about it cause you hitting 14.8 a whole volt higher than me :/

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Well mechman dual idler pully system came in today, that was a surprise. Took 3 days to travel from mechman to San Diego, CA!!!! I'll be putting it in tomorrow!!

And I chose a 3inch longer than stock belt!!! Only person who had a gates 3inch longer than stock belt was napa! I searched everywhere too! I was about to give up

But if youre dead set on throwin in more wire make sure to invest in ofc and stay away from the cca

not trying to be a dick at all........but tests have proven that ofc (which is way more expensive) really doesnt show a gain over cca. it does show a gain *but* its soooo small that alot of people dont find it beneficial to spend double on ofc.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

2 fi bl 15's in a 10cube box is more than enough sub for me!!! I've second skin everything and got It quiet, but now my dash is falling apart! I may need a new one!!

If I upgrade to 2 18's god knows what else will give besides that dash! Gunna have bolts falling out of the body panels lol

Though one team fi 18 on a ns1 would be nice!!!

I wouldn't put 2 runs from alt to battery from what Mechman says it can create issues. 2 runs positive and negative front to back is a good idea though. Ofc handles 300-350 amps and if I read right your alt does 360 amps. A second run of negative and passive us a good idea. I would do 2 ground to the frame. A common ground has been proven to reduce noise so leave the annoys grounded to the batt and the batt to the frame. Impressive electrical still though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I don't know the facts behind it but just seen a lot of mechman posts about not doing that lately.. something about it overheating from it or something I don't know. ask them about it lol

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I don't know the facts behind it but just seen a lot of mechman posts about not doing that lately.. something about it overheating from it or something I don't know. ask them about it lol

I don't know for sure but I thought they said it was bad to fuse the short runs from the alt to the front battery. Never heard about using only one run. I'm curious now.

Archived