Sonic Electronix

36 volts down to 12 volts

Well I know this is going to be an odd question but here it goes. At work I drive a forklift all night and it's getting kind of old not having any music to listen to. I noticed I sit on top of a big ass battery bank. These batts are about the size of normal car battery on too but are about 2 feet tall and there's 9 total batts in the bank(I think). There's a plate on the side that says

Type: 85G-23

Capacity: 935 Ah@C6

Finishing rate: Min 37 A Max 47 A

Specific Gravity: 1.280

It also says 18 cell (36 volt) battery

Is there any way to get the 36 volt down to 12 bit so I can at least hook a headunit up and build me a little system for it? Thanks guys haha

Yes - what you need is a DC to DC step down voltage regulator or converter. You can find them on Amazon or eBay pretty cheap, but they'll get more expensive for ones with higher current capabilities.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

When the resident engineers on the site jump on this kind of shit.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I'm pretty sure a forklift operator isn't going to get away with a device like music or a HU installed for safety reasons. There is an operator's license involved and I doubt a distraction like onboard music will fly in most warehouses. I could definitely be wrong, and hate to be the party pooper. No one likes the party pooper, he lives an estranged life :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I work for Publix warehouse and all night shift operators have stereos on their forklifts. My department we are not allowed.... :jon:

Tampering with the forklift battery can get you fired so make sure you are allowed. Also considered a safety issue.

What we do is have a box with speakers, head unit, a small 12 volt battery, and a charger inside. Then plug the charger into the 12 volt cig lighter plug on the forklift.

We use 48 volt hyster and yale forklifts.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

Archived