Sundown Audio

Running my amp at lower impedance than it's meant for?

chrisw.

Well since I probably won't see you again, bye.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Why won't you see me again?

Because it doesn't seem like this forum is a place that you're too fond of. You basically scoffed at it a couple messages above. If it's not for you, it's not for you. Your attitude kind of makes or breaks the experience for you.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

op

simply put what everyone is saying is that the way you clamped your amps is inaccurate and not a rms wattage measurement but a va (volt amp) measurement. unless you had it on a resistive load (resistor bank not speaker) and used the right tools and made sure that your results where right before or with very little clipping then your results could be way off. know one is saying they aren't underrated amps just that by such a huge amount its just not believable.

the ad-1 uses a resistive load and works in ways that a simple clamp test cant even touch. that's a piece of high end equipment that will eventually change car audio for the better by setting a standard testing for all companies imo.

will the amp work at a lower then recommended impedence? yes

is it risky? yes

can it catch on fire? yes

should you do it? no

why? because if your asking the question you don't understand the risk that you are taking and its always better safe then sorry.

everyone else, im sure we can agree that he agreed it wont be a good idea and he is going to just get a bigger amp instead. however your point that his clamp method wasn't accurate had no proved facts behind it until krakins post with the vid. that being said it most likely could have been avoided If it was better explained rather then just repeated several times.

now since all the answers are in one place can we just let this thread die?

maybe it can be locked.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

No.. it must live on! 5 moar pages !!!!!111oneone---.. _

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

How about we forget about the clamp test BS and examine this example of the way new comers are treated. Go back and reread the thread and ask yourself if I deserved the treatment I got. By a moderator no less. You can say I was argumentative all you want but you can't quote any examples. You all don't seem to mind. Something is wrong with that. But I won't judge the entire board by the actions of a few.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

MTX Thunder 1500dx <---still searching

It happens. Sometimes all the kids on the playground dont play nice, but you never make any friends if you run and tell the teacher.

No one has treated you like crazy bad racist ill murder your mom just because youre purple..

Its a forum. People can say just about w.e

But instead of replying to every comment. Whether its postove negative or w.e just do a little research and reading. And appreciate the time and effort that has gone into trying to help you. And accept that ppl get frustrated afyer answering the same question 100 times by 5 different ppl.

In the end do what you want. Read. Learn. Move on.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I just re read your responses and N8's responses. N8 said he could guess which amp you had. Your response was to snap back instantly with ,"your guess is wrong". So can you see how that may come off as abrasive? Everything from there was reaction to that sort of comment, I think.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I just re read your responses and N8's responses. N8 said he could guess which amp you had. Your response was to snap back instantly with ,"your guess is wrong". So can you see how that may come off as abrasive? Everything from there was reaction to that sort of comment, I think.

Can I see how that could come off as abrasive? N8 was being a dick, period. I was standing up for my self and now you're protecting his behavior. Like I said, something's wrong here.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

It happens. Sometimes all the kids on the playground dont play nice, but you never make any friends if you run and tell the teacher.

No one has treated you like crazy bad racist ill murder your mom just because youre purple..

Its a forum. People can say just about w.e

But instead of replying to every comment. Whether its postove negative or w.e just do a little research and reading. And appreciate the time and effort that has gone into trying to help you. And accept that ppl get frustrated afyer answering the same question 100 times by 5 different ppl.

In the end do what you want. Read. Learn. Move on.

Who's running to the teacher? Or is that just an analogy that doesn't apply here? I'm just standing up for myself. I have no emotion towards this. It more so fascinating to me on some level. I'll keep responding and keep standing up for myself as long as the thread is still open.

Still Living in the 90's

MTX Thunder 2300x

MTX Thunder 2150x

MTX Thunder 275x

Archived