Anyone got an SRT-8 Charger or Challenger

I've looked at an rt as well since they are introducing scat pack packages for performance upgrades. I'm just not able to find any info on it yet. I figured if I wanted to do the rt and the scat packs I might as well look into the srt.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the 6.4 is a beast of an engine though

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

I have an rt so I don't know about srt stuff but if like to weigh in my opinion. Personally I wouldn't spend 40 grand on these cars. If you want to get a car and drive it there are much better options. If you want to tinker and upgrade get a cheaper used one.

The suspensions on these cars are way under built. The transmission is slow to shift and often gets confused. The exhaust is way too quiet, get with any other v8 and you can't hear your car. They have voltage issues and dear God the canbus system makes electrical upgrades a nightmare. Plus the interior is terrible. Also brakes are meh.

But all that being said, one you start upgrading and changing it makes sense. My exhaust is classic mopar muscle and makes most cars wet themselves. That alone has thrown my faith in this thing.

So yeah if you want to buy a car and drive it look elsewhere. If you are ok with modifying then get yourself a cheaper one and mod accordingly. My car cost me $12k an older srt is easy to find for 20. That leaves you 20 to pay with. And that would build a nasty car

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Thanks for the input. I actually plan on zero electrical upgrades in this. My thing with an older car is that I dont want an older car. I have one money pit. I want something that is newer and less upkeep. I expect to do the traditional maintenance but I dont want to have to replace parts. If that was the case I'd keep my malibu and liet it nickel and dime me some more. I've also looked at an RT and stopped in to check one out and the interior is actually pretty nice. That I dont feel would be a factor. SRTs have different suspensions and brakes too. All n all I'm still up int he air. I fi really want to I can drop 15k to 20k on a down payment and then supercharge it later.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I have an rt so I don't know about srt stuff but if like to weigh in my opinion. Personally I wouldn't spend 40 grand on these cars. If you want to get a car and drive it there are much better options. If you want to tinker and upgrade get a cheaper used one.

The suspensions on these cars are way under built. The transmission is slow to shift and often gets confused. The exhaust is way too quiet, get with any other v8 and you can't hear your car. They have voltage issues and dear God the canbus system makes electrical upgrades a nightmare. Plus the interior is terrible. Also brakes are meh.

But all that being said, one you start upgrading and changing it makes sense. My exhaust is classic mopar muscle and makes most cars wet themselves. That alone has thrown my faith in this thing.

So yeah if you want to buy a car and drive it look elsewhere. If you are ok with modifying then get yourself a cheaper one and mod accordingly. My car cost me $12k an older srt is easy to find for 20. That leaves you 20 to pay with. And that would build a nasty car

what sort of issues have you had with the canbus? i haven't had any serious issues so far. also do u have a stick or automatic?

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

A simple tune will fix any of the transmission shift problems. These cars need modifications to really wake up, or you'll have a really nice looking 13 second car.

I 100% agree with this. These cars wake up on a simple tune. But I wouldn't got one of the handheld programmers. Go and get a dyno tune. Much better. The only thing I advise you change cosmetically is the wheel.i had the 300 srt8. And in my opinion the 300 , charger and challanger look aggressive as fuck with viper wheels.

You need viper wheels

Here is the actual listing for hte one I posted.

http://www.route22nissan.com/used/Dodge/2013-Dodge-Charger-c1d21cd30a0a00494733fde8c671f4d4.htm

I dig the wheels on it. Im not actually planning on buying until June but I have the money now for 10k down. I have a feeling this will move pretty quick unless they are stuck at the price. I can option out a brand new 14 for only a couple grand more. and the RT would come in 10k less wihtout any of the major upgrades like the scat pack stuff.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A simple tune will fix any of the transmission shift problems. These cars need modifications to really wake up, or you'll have a really nice looking 13 second car.

I 100% agree with this. These cars wake up on a simple tune. But I wouldn't got one of the handheld programmers. Go and get a dyno tune. Much better. The only thing I advise you change cosmetically is the wheel.i had the 300 srt8. And in my opinion the 300 , charger and challanger look aggressive as fuck with viper wheels.

You need viper wheels

I wasn't aware a computer tune was available for these cars. My local tuner said I needed a diablosport trinity

Canbus gave me issues with my hids and my alarm

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz