Sparkysdime Posted February 12, 2014 Report Posted February 12, 2014 I have 2 15 inch RE Audio SXX and I need help with box design. They are goin in a 2003 Ford Explorer. Im wanting a box that will show their true potential.
thefourth Posted February 12, 2014 Report Posted February 12, 2014 Post your dimensions, amp you'll be powering them with, desired tuning etc. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Sparkysdime Posted February 12, 2014 Author Report Posted February 12, 2014 The rear area of the explorer is 45w 35d 20h. Im running a 5500 watt amp 3200 rms at 1 ohm. I don't know anything about tuning.
Sparkysdime Posted February 13, 2014 Author Report Posted February 13, 2014 Any help would be appreciated?
timc31610 Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 Download the Torres box calculator, plug in your dimensions and plug in your numbers. Once you think you have what you want as far as tuning put up a screenshot and someone may give suggestions. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
kicker8940 Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 Since Joe posted on this i'll just delete mine.
Smoove Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 pretty good. are you doing sub up/port back 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
CleanSierra Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 I forgot to add, I think the above screenshot looks like a solid plan. I'd build that box and see how it went Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joe X Posted February 14, 2014 Report Posted February 14, 2014 Just another suggestion, port across the bottom, power up to 2.5K RMS:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.