Oh, I guess I was waiting on these:

20160301_172341.jpg

Before I did anymore work, I needed these in my hands to make sure my cut outs were acceptable and I didn't have to do anything else. It turns out my cut out IS too large and luckily they're on the large side and not the other way around.

So I either am going to run the grilles from the other mids, since that is the diameter of the cut out, or I'll body work them in tighter. Keeping them "circular" might be a challenge though and it would be easiest to obtain some of the grilles off of the loudspeakers. I think Phillip locally has his old grilles and I can use that he never once installed. I'll have to check with him.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Just put the grills that fit don't matter,I was lucky,my ampere grills fit the MB qurartz ring.

Yeah I just text Phillip and he's got all 4 of his grilles, never used, that he'll give me. That will make it easier and now I can finish the doors.

The one thing I didn't consider when designing these was the THICKNESS of the fleece and fiberglass so they sit under the lip. I'm going to make a few quick 1/4" rings to act as spacers and bring them up a bit and have them be flush/slightly above the lip with the curve of the grille.

Let's see those comps out the box, I love crossfire.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Here you go:

12650454_1673011726321435_1098266156_n.j

Looks are whatever, I mean they ARE good looking to me. They sound pretty amazing man. Everyone in AZ that's heard them are believers and are wanting a set or 2. I know I sound like a hugger and maybe I am, but these things sound great to me.

What's too big on the cutout, the space for the grill?

If you want to use that grill, I'd say tape it off, put some foam tape around it, so you have a little gap, then body fill to it. By sticking the tape to the grill, and leaving the wax backing on it facing out, when you go to take the grill out, you should be able to slide it right out. Worst case is the wax backing stays behind and you just have to peel it off.

That's basically what I did with my tablet mount. Worked well for me.

Just a thought.

Got started on the passenger door. This is only 2 and a half layers of filler. Needs another one or two to smooth it out to my liking.

20160303_100704_1.jpg

I only used short strand on a small section. I should have used more. The adhesion with the short strand is superior to regular filler and stronger obviously.

Archived