Yeah, I'm running conventional. He said he doesn't even like to build them anymore and that HP is the way to go, which you already know.

I'll be on him to get a 270A 6 phase because he's saying that thing has some nuts at the lowest of idle speeds. I will get the alt sent off to him and he'll likely get to it after AR sometime. I'm not too worried about does since I've got this DC that will take its place.

Ya,... kinda a good thing you didnt unload the dc alt. Its a fine fine alt. With out a doubt.

I run that same 270 he talks of. I got the second one ever made. Ive pulled 200 amp, BELOW 500 rpm. Its a low idle TANK. it will give you around 230, all day, every day,.. hot, WAY HOT, at any idle. I love it. So, with the low idle taken care of, that was the choice to slap the big boy 370 with it. Best of both worlds :)

The hair pin will also take less to spin, spin easier with LESS belt contact/wrap, will shed heat, and basically give you way way better over all performance through out the entire RPM band. Its worth every penny. I will bet money, he wont even sell conventinal with in this year, or next. Hairpin or nothing.

The way he sounded on the phone was as though he will only sell one for my generation truck if specifically requested(for conventional). He's pretty giddy about the 6 phase technology and especially since it's what manufacturers are going with in factory and have badass/bulletproof OEM parts.

He was saying you can beat the dog shit out of a 6 phase and she'll just grin at you and keep truckin. I'm excited and shit, maybe I'll just add the 270 HP as a third....

Leo might be right, having the space to run quads is bad :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

^^^Truth, it's MY build and if baby shit green makes me hair, so be it. Gloss black will make me happier without a doubt. I just want something to make it stand out a little more than a stock case.

So I'll be headed to take a look at some batteries today, if everything goes well, I'll be taking home 10. 6 for me and 2 each for some fellow members(and guys who have commented in this build log). If these things stack up, I'll go from 670aH of reserve to 790 total. Suck it Henter ;)

I'll also be picking up my DC 300A alt today and install that while awaiting the Singer to make its way back to me. When it arrives back, I'll be installing the dual kit that's been begging to be hooked up :D

to tell you the truth my alt is gloss black. outside the car it looks very nice but once its installed it looks boring. the only thing that makes it stand out is the aluminum fan singer had made for it. if i would have gone with red it would have stand out even more

Maybe I'll have him do something else. Thanks for the input dude. I don't have any plans to change the paint scheme of the truck bit having an alt that pops would be kind nice. I'll see what colors might interest me once he has the alt :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

here is how mine look. it matches the car but red would have let it stand out. i will be removing my intake to have it ported. maybe having that done in red will help the alt stand out

10898263_792683857435212_457123553175783

Would be kinda sweet if he could do a gloss black with that pearl in it that you see on a lot of ford vehicles. Would still match your truck but have a little pop to it. Just an idea though... Either way nice work man. Wasn't trying to insult your chartreuse color earlier by the way

Weird thing I just noticed, I've been upgraded to a Gold member? I only paid for Bronze I think when it just renewed. How cool, I didn't see it until just now!

On my end your name and badge appear bronze bro.

Did you ever mess with the poly?

Archived