Sonic Electronix

I hope this want be a repost. But my question is abiut an re amp. I want to have the amp and sub match so i was thinkinv about going with an ctx 3200.1 it says it can put out 1200 rms at 1 ohm. But on the sonic site they dont have the amp listed as an compatible amp.but instead the have the 4200 which makes 1500 rms at @1. Is the 3200 not a good amp for my stock electrical. The 3200 is on sale on sonic and ebay or 169. Heres the specs on tthe amp

CTX Series Monoblock Class DE Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

Dynamic power output: 3200 watts x 1 chan.

High-current Matched MOSFET power supply

Wired remote bass level control included

LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators

Variable Bass Boost (0 to +18 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Turn on delay for quiet start-up

Mono channel operation

Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps

3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)

Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers

Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink

Platinum-plated RCA level inputs

Platinum-plated screw terminals

Input sensitivity:

Low level: 100mV-6V

High level: 250mV-6V

Variable low-pass filter (40-250 Hz)

Subsonic filter (24 dB, 15-40 Hz)

Frequency response: 10-300 Hz

4 gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this amplifier.

Dimensions: 9-1/2"W x 17-3/4"D x 2-1/4"H

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

One thing to think about is when you do upgrade if you get a 1 ohm stable amp that puts out just enough power and a 2 ohm dual voice coil subwoofer, when it comes time to upgrade you'll have to buy a new amp and/or subwoofers. I just bought an amp that has twice the power I need cause I'm going to get another sub later. I'm running dual 4 at 2 ohms so when I get my next sub I only have to get the sub and can run the amp at 1 ohm.

Wow, someone who actually listens to advice? What is this??!!?!?!?

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

^ I'm shocked too!

RE amps are junk, I understand you want matching but you should get a soundqubed 1200 or the new cresendo 1500.

Hifonics are good budget amps but only the Brutus line, I wouldn't do anything over 2k right now till you upgrade your electrical.

Have you ever heard of the big 3 upgrade? That is a must and getting a 2nd battery would be good or even replacing your stock battery as well.

^ I'm shocked too!

RE amps are junk, I understand you want matching but you should get a soundqubed 1200 or the new cresendo 1500.

Hifonics are good budget amps but only the Brutus line, I wouldn't do anything over 2k right now till you upgrade your electrical.

Have you ever heard of the big 3 upgrade? That is a must and getting a 2nd battery would be good or even replacing your stock battery as well.

Can't do a big 3 upgrade on a 2g ford alt. The charge lead is integrated into a plug that shares a ground and sense wire. STUPID ass design on Ford's part, 2g alt's just really sucked.

Another good choice would be a CT Sound's Meso 18 off a CT900.1...

I know you don't really want 12's, but a pair of the CT Strato 12's off a 900.1 would also be a really great combo.

bbjilge(something like that, sorry to mispell) is a CT Sounds dealer here so he could get you hooked up on some gear. CT has a full line of 2 and 4 channels that match their monoblocks, plus they have components. Pro audio is coming down the line too, may already be here.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

love ct sounds! look at my pic. you could do a a ct 1400.1 & 2 strato v1 18s for around $800 or get one meso 18 and the 1400.1 for $800 either way its a great choice.

or you could do the ct 900.1 and strato v2 for around $600 then later you Can double up and strap the amps.

but I'd go 1400.1 and 2 v1 18s and call it a day. the Amp Is a little much for those subs but that's a good thing

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

^ I'm shocked too!

Can't do a big 3 upgrade on a 2g ford alt. The charge lead is integrated into a plug that shares a ground and sense wire. STUPID ass design on Ford's part, 2g alt's just really sucked.

Another good choice would be a CT Sound's Meso 18 off a CT900.1...

I know you don't really want 12's, but a pair of the CT Strato 12's off a 900.1 would also be a really great combo.

bbjilge(something like that, sorry to mispell) is a CT Sounds dealer here so he could get you hooked up on some gear. CT has a full line of 2 and 4 channels that match their monoblocks, plus they have components. Pro audio is coming down the line too, may already be here.

Eww that does sick! Gotta change that out for sure. But I like your idea of the 1 18 on the 900.1

Ct sounds is a great company

Archived