RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 you can fit a 12" sub in the trunk you just have to use the entire trunk (hope you like fiber glassing). Also yes there are quite a few aftermarket parts for the S2K but they are stupid expensive I had a 01 with a C-west aero kit, ct engineering super charger, sway bars and braces, tein lowering springs, full blown engine management system, blah blah blah anyway I did all that work and forgot one small step a design flaw in the s2000's the rear diff is weak as hell. Before you do any mods to the motor I would highly suggest beefing up the rear diff first and then go from there it was a $2200 mistake on my part. Did I mention aftermarket parts are not cheap for that thing?!?! Am I trying to persuade you against the S2K HELL NO it was a super fun car. I'm just giving you some of the bad since you know a lot of the good already. Decision is yours man I loved mine I hated getting rid of it (military moved me to Alaska).I heard the ap1 had some issues with the rear end. I heard there's a kit??, Correct if I'm wrong, but on eBay or something you install it to the rear adding more weight and support for corners n such? If that's what you mean. Ill be getting the AP2 if it does happen. S2Ks I hear are fun as hell cars and can last for ever if not abused and is up to par with its mat. Plus there light as he'll compared to other cars. How much did u end up paying for aftermarket mods. I was going to add a turbo eventually once the stock engine blows and I buy a new one. I just want something as reliable as my accord now but quicker. The s2000 is a small engine but produces 240ish. I'm fine with that haha. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 What is your budget for a new car? Every car will have their flaws just like sub and sub companies. You don't see many people posting "hey nothing happened to my car/amp today!" They're always posting about problems with this or that.. My first choice would be a 350 or 370z, but being that I'm 6' 6" 300lbs I'm too comfortable in lifted trucks and large SUVs now, my import stage I never own anything but Honda and Acura's. So I can't tell you if a 350 or 370 would have problems I'm basing my opinion off of looks! I liked S2K's as well, but my buddy worked at Honda and I could not fit comfortable at all. Good luck in your searchI would love a 350z or a 370, but the 370 is def out my price range. I can find a 04-05 350 for 8k ish clean title with 80-90k miles in my area, but I just heard they weren't made as good as other companies. But if I thought about the 350z , I mgt as well get the g35c 6spd cause its the same engine but I have more trunk space (I think) and back seats. Even though its 200lbs heavier MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Budget. My 05 accord lx is around 7-8k private seller Clean title 5spd 86k miles Etc Then I can add anther 2-4k on top depending on car I'm choosig MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Do you like to travel or go camping? If so, then I personally would not have a 2 seater for a dd. See but that's just me. If I were you? Mazdaspeed3 or an STI. But I'm a hatch lover I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
IH8PunkRok Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 All these cars have been found in your price range and are better in some way 1. F-body camaro (will roll a honda) 2. BMW 3 series (classier than honda) 3. Lexus SC 300 (luxury supra) 4. G35 (class but almost girly) 5. GTO (nasty cars to drive, in a good way) 6. Mercedes C class (out classes everything on this list and still has balls) 7. RX8 (instant access to rotary fanboys club) 8. C4 Corvette (because race car) 9. Acura RSX (because you like Honda but hate Honda kid stigma) 10. Edge Body Mustang GT (You will still get shit but at least it sounds like 'Murica) -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Awhitewookie Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 If you get an s2k. Here is an idea that I did MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Do you like to travel or go camping? If so, then I personally would not have a 2 seater for a dd. See but that's just me. If I were you? Mazdaspeed3 or an STI. But I'm a hatch lover I do not go camping and if I do travel, it's usually with the fam and we have enough cars with space that's economical (Camry, Prius, civic). So if anything, we wouldn't be takin my car if it was a s2000Mazda are hard to work on mechanically because of the hardshell covering the engine. I mean , I can take it off an work on it, but that's everytime I want too plus I haw to put it back on. I would love to take a sti but idk, never knew anyone who owned one. Just hear they amazing cars. All wrx sti in my area are for 15-20gs tho for completely stock non modded. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
hdorre Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 You could get a bugeye wrx for that budget.. Or a GC8 with tons of money left over. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
RyanJ Posted February 21, 2014 Author Report Posted February 21, 2014 You could get a bugeye wrx for that budget.. Or a GC8 with tons of money left over. What do you mean by "bugeye"? my bad for lack of term knowledge haha. But Idk man... really leaning towards this s2k.. I would consider Rx8 cause its backseats, 1.3L but the rotor engine slowly kills my car no MATTER how well i take care of it. Im thinking a s2k would be the best bet for a DD / project car beacuse its reliable and I wont run the shit out of it just by freeway miles. But then again, idk, ITS A 2 SEATER. God damn MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
hdorre Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 A bugeye is an 02-03 impreza On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.