Amp for my garage

Hey guys. Right now in my garage i have some speakers and an old pioneer amp, im thinking about 300w. I have a few pinoeer mids and some shitty sony speakers on it which push those fine. What i would like to do is get a new amp for my subs. I got 2 alpine type r 12''s and a pioneer 12''. The pioneer is 300w rms 1300w max and the alpines are 1000rms and 3000w max each (i think). I want something that isent gonna break my wallet but can push the subs better. I would like to beable to run the speakers off my current amp and have a dedicated amp just for the subs. Remember im using them in a garage.

Just to clarify: I dont have my subs in a car because im 15 and cant afford a car, i have them in my garage because i race dirtbikes and ride sleds in the winter (snowmobiles) and im constantly working on them. Thanks for any input/help

Its just something for inside the garage, to give you some tunes while you work on your car?

Id go to a pawn shop, and pick up a cheap ass receiver...... Mount the speakers in the corners, run some wire, done, for under 75 bucks :shrug:

Its just something for inside the garage, to give you some tunes while you work on your car?

Id go to a pawn shop, and pick up a cheap ass receiver...... Mount the speakers in the corners, run some wire, done, for under 75 bucks :shrug:

What do you mean though? What kind of wattage do i need to look for to power those subs? If you could link me to one on amazon or sonicelectronix to get an idea that'd be great!!

I don't know much about home audio, but just wanted to say I think its awesome your 15 and already involved! Great!

Thanks man, I've been involved for a few years now, making boxes too. My alpine box is a bassworx prefab thing but my pioneer box is custom built.

• 1 month later...

Crown xls1000 amp. It's a professional PA (public address) amplifier that is in a 2 channel (or bridged mono) configuration. It's power ratings are from 215w per in an 8 ohm load to up to 1100w bridged. It also has a built in variable crossover from 50hz (for lowest crossover for hight frequencies) or 3000hz (for the peak crossover for low frequencies). And it would run you about $300. You can pick it up at a Guitar Center or local professional audio shop.

Arkansas Based Car Audio Bass Music & Test/Competition Producer

Now Streaming worldwide on: Spotify

He wouldn't be breaking the bank. He'd be making an investment in having good quality sound for the long run. I've been in his shoes, when I was his age, looking at home stereo receivers and trying to find a good quality one with high output without costing an arm and a leg. Nowadays home receivers that you find are more AV and 7.1 centered units and are quite costly and not a whole lot of output. And, those as well as some of the cheaply made ones are what you may find on the shelves of the thrift shops. What I suggested, the Crown XLS1000 is what I use regularly. And he may even find a used one at a pro shop. And, to add, he can use that unit to power all of his speakers in the garage and have them crossovered at the frequencies he desires.

On a side note, I'd think it'd be cool to see some videos of him racing the dirtbikes and sled.

Arkansas Based Car Audio Bass Music & Test/Competition Producer

Now Streaming worldwide on: Spotify

Archived