Sundown Audio

best sundown subs to play loud rather than low

Get a proper box

I had no problems getting the pair of my buddies old SA-12s doing being rather loud from the trunk of my Cadillac in a 4th order bandpass ported thru the rear deck.

Of coarse I was raping them with a Sundown SAZ-4500.....

But they get loud regardless if you know what your doing with them.

Stock alt, 2 batteries voltage drop to only 12.2ish at idle with a 5,000 watt amp.. and doing it with CCA wire!

Damn dude. Wanna do my car? xP

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Get a proper box

I had no problems getting the pair of my buddies old SA-12s doing being rather loud from the trunk of my Cadillac in a 4th order bandpass ported thru the rear deck.

Of course I was raping them with a Sundown SAZ-4500.....

But they get loud regardless if you know what your doing with them.

Stock alt, 2 batteries voltage drop to only 12.2ish at idle with a 5,000 watt amp.. and doing it with CCA wire!

.youtube.

Offcourse you have so little voltage drop, if you actually look at how much power the amp will actually make after taking the impedance curve (+ 50% duty cycle on music) into consideration and the amount of resistance the CCA wire gives you. Without measuring you don't know how much current the amp is using.

As you probably already know, he can't have a frequency bandwidth starting at 35Hz reaching all the way up to 100-120Hz(just guessing haven't modeled those drivers yet ) and be loud at the same time without a lot of power behind them.

The OP should make ported enclosures for those PA woofers, that'll get him where he wants to be.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

okay alot of people here is saying box design is my problems

i had them in a separated boxes

each box is 2.0cuft after port and sub displacement tuned to 32hz

as for amps. i have a orion 1200D for bass. and orion 8002 for my 10" midbass drivers and a 4 channel soundstream amplifier for the drivers

processing done in 3 way network mode on my pioneer 80prs deck

someone said problems with my mid speakers..trust me those rcf speakers are extremely loud. car audio speaker wouldnt sound as loud

in my country we use alot of pro audio for our mids such as rcf.. bnc.. bemya.. faital pro..etc because we can play music extremely loud anywhere

current wise have a 140amp alt with 2 powersafe 92AH batteries and a stock battery upfront with the big 3 done

anyone willing to design a box to play very loud but yet get lows from it ?

btw the t3 audio was in a masive box. approx 2.75cuft after port and sub displacement tuned to 38hz

If the SA-12's aren't enough, then go with the Zv3's. How loud are you trying to be?

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Two sep boxes??? Is it a chambered box? If its literally two sep boxes and each like in its own lil area.. f that silliness.

Build a 2 12 standard shares air box with like a 6 inch aero and be done with it. Sa's are honestly some well designed nasty little mofos... before they got to be $200 fing bux they were one of the best bang for buck subs out there.

They gey plenty loud. Either you are giving em like 400w each or the design isnt ideal.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

the only way you are going to get loud is getting more power. the pro audio get really loud and go over the bass making it sound like the bass is not loud.

in my build log there should be a box for 2 sa 12s. It sounded solid. My 4th is also in there, it is awesome sounding (for 2 12s and low power)

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

someone said problems with my mid speakers..trust me those rcf speakers are extremely loud. car audio speaker wouldnt sound as loud

in my country we use alot of pro audio for our mids such as rcf.. bnc.. bemya.. faital pro..etc because we can play music extremely loud anywhere

Separate boxes arent good, put them in a shared airspace box with enough port area, which is more then 30sq inches per subwoofer.

The mids are useless for midbass unless you have them in a ported enclosure in your doors.

Because the midrange is so overpowering youll need a lot of midbass to balance it out, which isn't possible without porting the pro audio speakers. They are designed to work in ported enclosures.

You havent specified any equipment you have and didnt list your goals, nor posted pictures of what you have. It's harding understanding what you need.

You have the speakers mounted outside the car? Does that mean you want the same with the bass? So loud outside the vehicle, it's not for your own incar sound experience?

Also answering questions that have been asked will help you out too.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.