Sundown Audio

best sundown subs to play loud rather than low

ok guys got 2 12" sundown sa12 and honestly very dissapointed

had it on a orion 1200D and honestly my 2 12" t3 audio t600 subs played alot louder

im not a big big fan of lows however looking for a sub that would excel from 35hz + playing note in the 40hz extremely well

so hence i want to able to get lows however i want it to be loudd

my mids is not car audio mids. i use pro audio mids consisting of 2 10" RCF midbass with 2 1" compression drivers which are in external boxes to play outside the car

so what is the best sub sundown have to offer me that would be able to play high notes very well and yet i can get lows ?

had it on a orion 1200D and honestly my 2 12" t3 audio t600 subs played alot louder

im not a big big fan of lows however looking for a sub that would excel from 35hz + playing note in the 40hz extremely well

my mids is not car audio mids. i use pro audio mids consisting of 2 10" RCF midbass with 2 1" compression drivers which are in external boxes to play outside the car

so what is the best sub sundown have to offer me that would be able to play high notes very well and yet i can get lows ?

So in the title you want to play louder than lower, yet two references in your post state you still want to be able to play low. As far as comparing the SA-12's to the T3 audio 12's, did you just simply, switch the subs out in the same box? If so that is probably the reason why. Different subs like different enclosures. ANd to be honest, that is key to getting what you want. A properly designed box will give you the results you want.

• Like (+1 Rep) 6
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah man, The SA's need a pretty fucking big box, especially for a tier 2 sub. The SA's also get a lot louder once they get broken in vs. out of the box but that's pretty much every sub. Mine shake the shit outta my car hitting like 33hz bro so they have no problem hitting lows. If you still think they're garbage then go up to the X series or the Zv3's or Zv4's. They're all great but you're gonna have to get a new box for sure because they're big as hell. like the reply said, you should get a bigger box for sure, I know I had to when I was upgrading from my Memphis PR-12's. I literally broke the box they were in before because the Sundown's didn't have enough room.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Off my build (look at my sig) I hit a legal 145.2 dB out of a trunk lol. They get loud, I promise.

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

If not loud add power until loud

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

There's your problem.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Your problem is in your enclosure , go remove the subs and search for it in the box. Report results.

I'm just kidding, kinda. Your problem IS with your enclosure probably. You need one designed for your needs I believe. That's where the biggest gain likely to be noticed by you and give you what you're looking for.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

There's your problem.

Shit I didn't even think about that. If you don't have extra power sources i.e. extra batteries, big 3, etc. then you're gonna basically be to do something like running a Darrari on a scooter engine lol. Electrical upgrades make almost all the difference in the world and are absolutely necessary. Almost as necessary as a bigger box etc.

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Get a proper box

I had no problems getting the pair of my buddies old SA-12s doing being rather loud from the trunk of my Cadillac in a 4th order bandpass ported thru the rear deck.

Of coarse I was raping them with a Sundown SAZ-4500.....

But they get loud regardless if you know what your doing with them.

Stock alt, 2 batteries voltage drop to only 12.2ish at idle with a 5,000 watt amp.. and doing it with CCA wire!

Edited by Audiofanaticz