2008 Smart Fortwo Passion Build

You guys chill out. Trust me I know how curious people are when they see the car. Plenty of questions. Questions never hurt anybody. I'm happy to answer questions. But if you have suggestions like jmanjr did then I appreciate it even more. 3 10's would sound sick. I'm gonna test this out tomorrow if its not too cold and see what it can do. If I don't like it I got some extra cash put to the side for a new amp and subs. :)

Didnt the car have worst crash test rateings in history? Again system apears to be put together good just thrown off by pulling off a entire door skin to replace a door speaker. Exuse me if u got butt hurt. I could give critism but it looks good. I own a L7 15 personally not my favortie sub but if op likes it im not guna critize a decent build or nit picking a build to find somthing wrong. And sence when did u know what i drive? Im gettin a new car this weekend and i think 1 person on this site knows it. And ur not that person. So how can it have better crash test rateing than my car if u dont know what i drive

Go look on motortrend and look at crash ratings again. Didnt get me butthurt but this guys thread doesnt need ignorant bullshit negative remarks. You dont like smart cars good for you dont buy one. Its as simple as looking at your threads and seeing what you have. Then doing a comparison on motortrend. I assume you must be buying the most safe car produced right now, taking into account rollover and side impact right? Oh and newsflash, show me a car that doenst snap together, ive worked on doge gm ford toyota etc all have snap in panels and other bullshit.

Im sorry OP, I will not post anything in here unless its somehng helping you out. My bad for starting an argument. It just irritated me because people did similar shit in my build log with the negative comments.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

You guys chill out. Trust me I know how curious people are when they see the car. Plenty of questions. Questions never hurt anybody. I'm happy to answer questions. But if you have suggestions like jmanjr did then I appreciate it even more. 3 10's would sound sick. I'm gonna test this out tomorrow if its not too cold and see what it can do. If I don't like it I got some extra cash put to the side for a new amp and subs. :)

If you dont want to shell out for a new amp but are already thinking about subs you can go bigger and futureproof yourself some. Depending on how much power you plan on running in the future. WIthout an alt I wouldnt go much higher than 1.5kRMS without some extra batteries. But I have seen some testing that even when running under RMS the larger sub is usually louder. So check out some q10's from FI or maybe q12's. Also if you plan on staying single sub the X series from sundown is badass. You have so much possibility with your build space.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Agreed with Hammer. Fuck ignorance. These cars won't kill you on impact, not even close. OP I like where this is going. My Dad used to have one of these things to commute in. Disappointing fuel economy considering what it is, but fun to take around a corner.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Sundown SA series shouldn't get overlooked either. I know rated 600w rms. I used to run one on a dirty 1500w and coil never failed. Hit the triple joint ring when playing below tuning but no biggie thats the reason it there so the coil former wont destroy itself on the bottom plate. Two 12's or 3tens would be loud as hell in that car. On a ct sounds amp and 3 tens I bet you could do 145+ around 35hz.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I have the money but I got the sub for $100 lol. I usually buy off of craigslist if the price is right so if you guys know of anyone trying to sell some beastly 12"s or 10"s let me know. Tomorrow will be the final install day. I went to home depot today... Cuz money Burns holes in my pocket and I saw a quad run of 3/0 together and was thinking that could send some power! Haha but if I could figure out What I wanna do just go through some teats I'll start looking into other options. I used to have 2 sa-12s in my lancer but ended up selling em.

Maybe try Mike Singer if they couldn't. Mechman doesn't offer anything for my car, and DC's prices scare me enough...don't offer anything either(quality product though, DC makes stellar alts)

Give Mike an email. The guys at Singer kick ass and will easily have you a reply back with the day.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived