14.4 volt system

Can I run a new alt separate from my 12 volt factory system, like run a separate alt running pos and neg to rear battery?? With keeping my 12v car system?

Yes, all you have to do is keep the original alternator and battery and add the 14v alternator and 14v batteries.

But if you want to go to a 14v system, who not choose for a 16v system instead?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

no shit,... I think the other 2 members are as well.

Your are already AT a 14v on your 12v OEM system.

Da fuq guys?

If you want to run 14v BATS, then, youll need a 16v alt, and so on for 16v bats.

You are currently charging at 14, to your 12v system.

I wanted to stay at 14 because that's wat my amps are rated at! But where would I hook up my neg too?

Why not just upgrade the factory alternator and add a few batteries to the system.. You would still be around mid 14s

no shit,... I think the other 2 members are as well.

Your are already AT a 14v on your 12v OEM system.

Da fuq guys?

If you want to run 14v BATS, then, youll need a 16v alt, and so on for 16v bats.

You are currently charging at 14, to your 12v system.

I am not confused, I assumed the OP worded his question wrong which happens a lot more often. (i assumed he wanted to use a 14V battery, like the D1400)

You are a bit confused, a alternator that charges at 14V+ is still rated as a 12V alternator.

Just to make people's life more simple, 12V alternator works with 12V batteries. (14V batteries to a 14V alternator, 18v batteries to a 18v alternator)

Obviously the alternators put out higher voltages, or else the batteries wouldn't get charged.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived