Second Skin Audio

Calculating Box Volume With Odd Angles?

SMZ2

I'm working on a c pillar wall and in order for it to fit I had to incorporate some odd angles. Is there a good way to get the volume. I am trying to figure out a port to see if anything will work. If not I may just tear down and go with a normal ported box if it will fit. Thanks for the help.

build the shell as big as you can before the walls hit the cars body, Then do the roof and connect it with 45's over the gaps.

Yeah I already built the shell but it could definitely be bigger. It doesn't go all the way to the roof but if I do a b pillar one day it will.

See if you can break it into triangles, different sized rectangles/squares obviously

I'll try and do that. This will be interesting. I'm Glassing over the wheel wells too.

kinda a crazy idea.. get a 12"x12"x12" box... that should be a single cube. Buy a huge bag of pop corn peanuts from a shipping supply store for about 50$. Fill box with peanuts, dump box into speaker box. Do this till your speaker box is completely full of peanuts, but count the number times you dumped peanuts into the box. That should get you pretty damn close to the airspace.

hope that helps.

build the shell as big as you can before the walls hit the cars body, Then do the roof and connect it with 45's over the gaps.

Yeah I already built the shell but it could definitely be bigger. It doesn't go all the way to the roof but if I do a b pillar one day it will.

My bad man, I miss read your post.

So, try to do as tacomaguy said and break it up into sections. Do the square areas first. If, say you had 45's then calculate as a whole square and divide by 2. If its a bit of an off-angle do them in triangles. Look up how to find volume of different types of angles. There should be formulas. :)

See if you can break it into triangles, different sized rectangles/squares obviously

I'll try and do that. This will be interesting. I'm Glassing over the wheel wells too.

I did the same.

Glassed over my wells, and have a odd shaped port.

Honestly, just get it CLOSE, and dial in.

Retards that think they are with in a hundredth (EDIT tenth, or even a single) because math says, they are high.

The loudest and BAD ass sounding builds ive ever heard......... when i asked about some specs, Tuning more than most....

It was "shit.. low 30's i guess"

or

I think in the 30's

or mid 35's id expect...

Or

I gunned for under 30... im not sure if i made it

or

Tuning???? i shot for port space... i have no idea.

Just what ive ran into..lol.

Then again.. those ive seen, are pretty hush....

1.) Break the odd shape into known shapes and add together. This will get you close.

2.) Pour a known volume of water into the odd shape and count. A lil messy... :o

Or my favorite.....

3.)

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived