What tool is this? Driving me crazy! Electrical guys get in here

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUQ042Q/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just used it for the first time on my big 3 the other day, worked like a champ.

I have the big version. Works great... For closed ended lugs. Doesn't really help me here

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUQ042Q/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just used it for the first time on my big 3 the other day, worked like a champ.

I have the big version. Works great... For closed ended lugs. Doesn't really help me here

Yeah I figured that out after I posted haha, sorry.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

I don't mean to sound like I'm sticking my nose up, or that I'm ungrateful for your help, but every open barrel connector tool I've seen is shaped differently than that one. It has guides to help shape the "ears" properly, kind of like a stapler. Like this one. I'm concerned the style you posted might not work as well

Open-barrel-crimp-die.jpg

I have the crimp die and crimp frame in my tool chest now. Love it

No

Just squeeze it with some pliers

Hell no

I honestly have never seen one of those terminals THAT big. Who makes it, where did you find it? Im thinking its some odd ass made in China terminal that probably goes with some odd crimp die/tool with it. Like you said I have never seen anything bigger than 12-10ga.

Is there some reason where you NEED to use THAT terminal rather then some usual common lugs you can solder or use bigger (bolt cutter style/ or hydraullic) crimpers on?

We stock them at work. Typically use them when someone needs a new battery but their terminals are corroded to the point of no longer being usable.

I could be wrong. And it's bloody expensive.

But this would appear to roll those ears in and flatten them.

http://crimpsupply.com/long-handled-crimp-tool-for-8-2-ga-insulated-non-insulated-connectors.html

Unfortunately that's not quite it. Close, but not there.

See here: Where the die actually curves around and guides the ears back into itself vs. that one is just curved

150124195.jpg

How your work place carry the terminals but not the tool to crimp them lol.

You need a tool that does F crimps in 4ga. Google searching has turned up nothing, now I'm interested. Hell I haven't even came across terminals that size yet.

If/when you ever find the correct tool it is not going to be cheap.

None of those would be it, those smaller hand crimpers would be in the range of 12 to 20ga terminals.

For what he is looking to crimp the tool would probably be more in the size rage of bolt cutters or slightly smaller.

I would ask my work who the supplier is for these terminals, either they sell the tool or die, or they know where the purchase it from. Why would they supply a terminal and not have the tool to complete the job.

Archived