Sonic Electronix

A couple questions about strapping two amps...

Yes it will. Wiring the subs terminals in series will give you a 2 ohm load. Then the positive of one amp goes to the positive of the sub while the positive of the second amp goes to the negative of the sub. Thus, giving you a final load of 1 ohm to both amps.

Are you really trying to explain this to me when you posted this for help. Your final impedance is would be 2 ohm. That doesn't change. You don't magically get a lower impedance. It's how the amps perceive the load. If you stick a multimeter on them and measure your impedance it will still be 2 ohm.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes, it will be a 1 ohm final on each amp, but in order to do that the sub has to be 2 ohms. The sub being 2 ohms represents the final load. Why are you worried about what each amp sees when you are strapping? As long as the strapped amps is presented a final load of 2 ohms you are good.

lol @ this thread. The confusion and mis-communication is real hahaha

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

When two amps are strapped together each amp will see one half of the total load. So if your sub is 1Ω, each amplifier will see .5Ω. This is how it was explained to me a long time ago...

In a strapped amp setup each amplifier amplifies only one half of the signal. Remember, a sine wave, just like music, has a positive going voltage and a negative going voltage. One amp is responsible for the positive going voltage of the signal and the other is responsible for the negative going voltage. The first amp will amplify the positive portion of the sine wave and see half the total load. In this case .5Ω. When the positive signal drops and crosses the zero voltage point the second amplifier kicks in to amplify the negative portion of the signal. This second amp will see 1/2 the load at negative voltages. When the signal swings back to positive voltage again the first amp kicks back in again and sees 1/2 the total load at positive voltages.

f0333-01.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

wow that was confusing! i must have skipped over the dual 1ohm mention in the first post. glad it's all.cleared up

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Hmm...the sub i have is dual 1 ohm but the way it gets hooked to the strapped amps is like this:

The positive of the master amp goes to the positive of one terminal while the negative of the master amp goes to the negative of the slave amp. The positive of the slave amp goes to the negative terminal of the sub. Now, if i wire the sub terminals in series, the sub now be two ohm, meaning each amp will see 1 ohm.

Am i thinking this right or am i completely off?

Archived