Charging issue, what to look for *Video

Could it be a possible PCM problem? Not a suggestion just a question. I got an 08 TB and I'm shopping for a HO alt.

That's why I asked about the headlights, I have an issue once in a while where I charge too high or too low, turn the headlight selector to ON and it drops/raises to either 14.3 or 14.6V

Is this what you have to do to keep it regulated? Does that mean there is a problem or is that expected?

Could it be a possible PCM problem? Not a suggestion just a question. I got an 08 TB and I'm shopping for a HO alt.

That's why I asked about the headlights, I have an issue once in a while where I charge too high or too low, turn the headlight selector to ON and it drops/raises to either 14.3 or 14.6V

Is this what you have to do to keep it regulated? Does that mean there is a problem or is that expected?

I have never had to do that yet and not sure if it will work but will give it a try. I installed the alt, new belt and have been driving for some months not with no issues at all. Thats why I asked. Some though have issues with the ground and get a high or low reading when they install more than just the stock ground. If the light trick doesnt work then ill remove the grounds minus the stock location one to see if that changes anything. If not then im lost at that point lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Its not the size of the ground that was the issue but having more of them. I havent had any issue until yesterday so not sure if its because of the grounds. A couple other members here have vehicles that are PCM'd and had issues with having more than the stock ground. I honestly dont know why that is though. I agree that having more than one is a good idea, mainly since the TB is to the body anyways.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

There will be more when i get home tonight.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

In the extremes, Mainly in the winter the RVC(Regulated Voltage Controller) in my '09 equinox gets pissy with the batteries being so cold and tries to charge at 15.2 the whole time, and sometimes but very very very rarely in the summer when everything is blazing hot it tries to charge in the low 13's and just maintain the batteries rather than put full charge on them and make them hot.

Yay stupid fucking auto engineers

More grounds would be better I thought. Especially because the factory grounds on my TB were skinnier than my speaker wire.

Its not the size of the ground that was the issue but having more of them. I havent had any issue until yesterday so not sure if its because of the grounds. A couple other members here have vehicles that are PCM'd and had issues with having more than the stock ground. I honestly dont know why that is though. I agree that having more than one is a good idea, mainly since the TB is to the body anyways.

The issue I can remember with some vehicles that putting too many grounds on is a problem because the stock ground has a sensor on it. I can't remember for sure, but I believe it is a hall effect sensor that looks like a black plastic band on the ground wire, Tony D knows more about it I think.

My car isn't PCM controlled.. but other than that I had the same exact fucking problem. Turned out, my voltage regulator was shot. Got that replaced, and bingo.. Been money ever since.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

IMG_2189_zps92ff09c6.jpgIMG_2190_zps1870fde6.jpgIMG_2192_zps2c0fbd3e.jpg

So here's an update. Looked at the alt. Looks fine to me. Didnt see anything residue from belt rub. Just a little dirt like the rest of the engine bay right now. Took the extra negative runs off the front battery. Didnt change anything. Still low volts. On my way home turned the radio off. turned the lights on and off. turned the dome lights on and off. turned as much as i could off and still no change. as you can see from the pics there alt still looks pretty new and the smd vm is way too low and also the volt meter in the cluster. Batt light did go off on the way home but volts still stayed low. Im lost now lol. HELLLLPPPPPP!! lol

Is ther a way i can check the pcm? i dont even know where it is so that would be another question i guess lol .

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Man.. that sucks...

NO WAY you should be seeing battery rest... hell even below, with belt slip or any of that shit.

That sucks...

EDIT- at that voltage, that is NOT pcm shit. Your UNDER BATTERY .....

You keep going, it will leave you stranded. Ill bet my money on it.

You need a resolution, and NOW.

DOUBLE edit.

Just saw the big bank you have. Im shocked your THAT low with that bank, that tells me, youve been pulling off that bank for SOME time. You need to get the entire bank on a charger, NOW, and find a solution dude......

Archived