Kyblack76 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 I think, what hes saying, is you can find your tuning, when your driver DOESNT move at full. edit- ninja' DOUBLE edit cone peaks but moves least. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 Derek, i know you know what hes TRYING to say... you say it better...lol SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Dude2800 Posted March 6, 2014 Author Report Posted March 6, 2014 Exactly, but for some reason I think I read that even though the cone isn't moving that there is still a lot of stress on the surround. After looking for the answer myself and not finding it, I decided to ask people that are smarter than me.
bcbrassard Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 Cool vid, always something new to learn with subs.
Kyblack76 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 Exactly, but for some reason I think I read that even though the cone isn't moving that there is still a lot of stress on the surround. After looking for the answer myself and not finding it, I decided to ask people that are smarter than me. Id put more "stress" on the coil. Cooling would suffer from none movment. Surround, i dont get that. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Dude2800 Posted March 6, 2014 Author Report Posted March 6, 2014 Exactly, but for some reason I think I read that even though the cone isn't moving that there is still a lot of stress on the surround. After looking for the answer myself and not finding it, I decided to ask people that are smarter than me.Id put more "stress" on the coil. Cooling would suffer from none movment.Surround, i dont get that. From what I've read even though the sub isn't moving the cooling isn't as big of an issue due to the amount of air being moved.
97Jetta1637 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 science is fun until you put it on the meter and go, wow, i was wrong. #teamihop Two 12 inch DC XL's Carbon Fiber Cap Stetsom 7k Shell of box / baffle built by me Port / sealing the box by John Hone Fuck midrange Alpine-9886 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/ price has no influence on how something sounds I told him to move the fucking port. they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.
timc31610 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 I watched the video and will have to try it out. I do have a question though, with no cone movement how would it move any air? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
fox_racin4 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 science is fun until you put it on the meter and go, wow, i was wrong."It sounds loud at 34hz must be my peak"Does a few burps " ZOMG WTFBBQ how is 34hz burp 6db quiter then 45hz!?" 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
97Jetta1637 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 science is fun until you put it on the meter and go, wow, i was wrong."It sounds loud at 34hz must be my peak"Does a few burps " ZOMG WTFBBQ how is 34hz burp 6db quiter then 45hz!?" exactly. ear-o-meters and apps on your phone are not correct. so this whole, well the sub isn't moving it's loudest, bs is just that, bs. #teamihop Two 12 inch DC XL's Carbon Fiber Cap Stetsom 7k Shell of box / baffle built by me Port / sealing the box by John Hone Fuck midrange Alpine-9886 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/ price has no influence on how something sounds I told him to move the fucking port. they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.