Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

The next box I build will have a similar port. I dont have sketchup on this tablet so i resorted to the original sketchup to show my idea.

2014-03-11195710_zpsfaddf1b0.jpg

Its essentially a 7" x 7" square port with 2" wide 45's in the corner, I guess it would be a hexaport without all the complicated cutting and gluing...lol. The 45's only take away 4 sq inches of port area. So a 7x7 port would net you 45 square inches of port. Once the inner perimeter is rounded over with a 1" roundover bit it should be a pretty nice flair.

Posted

Ok here is a suggestion to rated power, increased net volume and the use of round ports should improve performance. Ports are done with standard PVC and elbow fittings, need flaring done, 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods bracing are necessary, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz:

x12.jpg

SundownX12SFPF_zpseabdf008.jpg

Posted

Yeah it's definitely a good design. I was able to squeeze out a little more in dimensions though so I won't be able to use that exact one. I added a inch to the depth and the height, making it a 14 high, 14 deep, and 36 wide and I'm going to use 5/8 mdf

Posted

Well without bracing, just completely sealed its 2.64cubes and if I use new dimensions with 5/8mdf then it jumps to 3.27. So after sub displacement and bracing it'd be around 3 cubes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3268 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...