HIFONICS BRUTUS X2200.1D

SickWickedClown

well i see what you mean, but money is tight, i work 35hrs a week and only get paid 7.25 and have multiple bills.... so being that im on a budget it works for me.... but i never said that im not saving up for another amp... :spiteful:

That's where I agree they fill a nitch. I just wish they maybe were a little more honest about power output or there was more information about what power they truly put out.

Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Gold Edition

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Front: Polk DB461

Rear: Infinity Kappa 693.11i

Speaker amp: Kenwood Excelon 4/100-4

Sub Stage: Dual 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 sealed Cherrycustoms box

Sub Amp: Sound Qubed Q1-2200D

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Big 3 Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC

Second battery-Sprinter S12V285F 83ah and H/O Singer 320 alt

why be honest when suckers keep buying

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Power isn't the only parameter of an amplifier that is important, it is pretty possible that it isn't even the most important, but people don't care about how things work or whether or not they are even good at their job.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

• 3 months later...

what i do find funny in this thread is there is 1 person who got rid of their brutus 2500 for an sq2200 and claimed the sq was better......its the same amp(with the exception of the input side)....lol....and actually, hifonics used better components with the exception of the N channel f.e.t.'s....I am NOT bashing any products at all, just stating simple facts.

what i do find funny in this thread is there is 1 person who got rid of their brutus 2500 for an sq2200 and claimed the sq was better......its the same amp(with the exception of the input side)....lol....and actually, hifonics used better components with the exception of the N channel f.e.t.'s....I am NOT bashing any products at all, just stating simple facts.

I run a hifonics amp. but i've never kept one longer then a year. i switch out models and sell the old one every year because i dont have much faith in it. & probably never will. saving up for a CT Sounds amp set.

It's not simple facts. Are you sure down the the resistor that they are the same amp. Do they have the same transistors? The same transformer?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'd still buy an SQ,they are plain and simple a better company. Yea hifonics made a decent amp. Lets pound are chest! You still have to shift though the shit to find one that even comes close to rated. Maxsonics buys out great name companies, and smears the shit out of em.

Hifonics, er, em Maxsonics wishes it could build an amp the quality of ZED.

well i see what you mean, but money is tight, i work 35hrs a week and only get paid 7.25 and have multiple bills.... so being that im on a budget it works for me.... but i never said that im not saving up for another amp... :spiteful:

That's where I agree they fill a nitch. I just wish they maybe were a little more honest about power output or there was more information about what power they truly put out.

See, that's the biggest hangup! If they have a mediocre amp and an honest rating then everyone runs over and buys the equal or shittier amp with a bigger (albeit wildly untrue) rating.

I would be interested to hear from Krakin, or anybody for that matter, what they consider better at the dollar per watt numbers of some of these HF amps though. Not a callout, not white knighting HF, just wanna see what people think.

As for the OP, those guts don't look like much more that 1200 rms. Just because a brand or line was good doesn't mean it always lasts forever either.

What?!

the difference is hifonice rated their amp as a 2400.1 and AQ rated theirs as a 2200.1. so ONE actually pretty much did rated power, and even if its the same amp, AQ gives you the ability to wire below 1ohm nominal and the amps still work. Hifonics rates their amps at 1ohm and doesn't let you wire below 1ohm so that you can never see that load reactive, but smh most people don't even realize what that means. even when i saw that video originally all i thought was, well at least the AQ rates there amps correctly, even if they build it with crap, they don't say its 2500rms or 5000peak or some bs.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived