Sundown Audio

Budget Amps?

Basshead Central

people buy amps no matter the NAME BRAND and come here to post about them because its what this website is here for. so if thats how you feel about a amp because its brand name or any other reason. thats ok people will still bring it up and post about it. people are not born knowing already what amp suits there quality standards. alot more people will run into the same thing and the same name brands people try to pick out. come here and ask about them. because they want to learn. ide say go for the filtering if thats what this page is about doing.

and the ap3k makes my opti1233ds smell @ 1 ohm after 1yr + of daily beating of the amp with only a xs 6500, factory batt, and factory alt. but you always hate when the magic smoke day comes! lol

That lovely smell is from the vc getting clipped from dirty power from the ap3k. Lulz Yep that's what I look for in a quality amp,(does it make my subs stink)? If yes, oh yea power indeed.

right. retuning tomorrow with DD1 and will be back will smelling results. till then back to thread subject. sorry from all else to op

if the car doesn't stall, you have enough voltage.

DEH-6400BT

BC3500D on 2 x 12" Lanzar Opti1233d

QBOMB 4.5cu

1/0 awg, Lanzar AMPKIT0

Singer 275 + LCAKT50DBL

LMFAO . my deck has no distortion on full tilt. not the first time i tuned this amp with the dd1 and have not touched it scene.

if the car doesn't stall, you have enough voltage.

DEH-6400BT

BC3500D on 2 x 12" Lanzar Opti1233d

QBOMB 4.5cu

1/0 awg, Lanzar AMPKIT0

Singer 275 + LCAKT50DBL

I heard the boss 5k is a damn good amp. At least it can last over 4 months before going up in smoke.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

LMFAO . my deck has no distortion on full tilt. not the first time i tuned this amp with the dd1 and have not touched it scene.

Just because you have a DD1 does mean you know how to use it. Seems how you can't find your own threads, I'm betting you don't know how to use it.

Well... this thread kinda went all over the place.

I don't know if AudioQue can be considered "budget", but I believe the 2200 and especially the 3500 are probably the best value out there as far as reliability and clean output per dollar.

That is... until Populus Audio came along. I'm not sure anyone else is offering such a quality amp for such a "reasonable" price. Including AQ.

Now for tighter budgets... I still really like the SoundStream DTR's. They do work and are very reasonably priced. On the smaller side or for highs amps, the Precision Power stuff (phantom and iON) is basically impossible to beat, but the biggest you will get from those lines there is a 1k.

JBL makes some fantastic stuff that those on a budget can afford. Trusted name there.

Like I tell people all the time, just because you're on a budget, that doesn't mean you can't have a nice amp. You just have to change your mindset of 'budget" meaning the biggest number on the box for the lowest price. i.e.- 3,000w for $300. Or, you have to be open to sourcing used gear. If you free yourself of a specific power goal for the money or insisting on buying new... AudioPipe and the like become irrelevant.

A super solid 1500w amp is a much better buy than a crap 3k. The kicker is that the nice 1.5k is likely to make damn near the same clean power as the crap 3k! Your resale will be better, reliability is much improved and your subs will thank you. You could also be looking for a very nice used 2k for that same budget. Same deal as the 1.5k, but more power.

I've been broke. I remember thinking $800+ for a damn car audio amp was retarded. I still do. But being broke or frugal... I still never had to resort to running garbage amps. My sub amp is the one component in my system that I am absolutely NOT willing to compromise on. And neither should you.

Well said TFade....

Dig it...

"A super solid 1500w amp is a much better buy than a crap 3k. The kicker is that the nice 1.5k is likely to make damn near the same clean power as the crap 3k! Your resale will be better, reliability is much improved and your subs will thank you. You could also be looking for a very nice used 2k for that same budget. Same deal as the 1.5k, but more power.

I've been broke. I remember thinking $800+ for a damn car audio amp was retarded. I still do. But being broke or frugal... I still never had to resort to running garbage amps. My sub amp is the one component in my system that I am absolutely NOT willing to compromise on. And neither should you."

Archived