Blazer Guys: Help Needed

Yeah, I would have to guess that my Fuel milege is single digit with the wall and batts in + HO alt. My truck barely goes over 2200rpm when driving. ever.

Only major problem they are noted for is 4x4 issures with the vaccum system. If you got a 4x4 lol.

I may be getting a 4x4. I'm not exactly happy with the gas mileage knowing that the RWD will be better on gas, but if this one checks out I may get it. We'll see later today. Gotta wait for this guy to get off work.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I may be getting a 4x4. I'm not exactly happy with the gas mileage knowing that the RWD will be better on gas, but if this one checks out I may get it. We'll see later today. Gotta wait for this guy to get off work.

Bro, hold out if your gut tells you to.

I will. If something's off, fuck it. I can wait a few more days. I need a car asap, but I can't afford to take a shot in the dark.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

I will. If something's off, fuck it. I can wait a few more days. I need a car asap, but I can't afford to take a shot in the dark.

Atta boy...... be smart. Get what you want/need.

My shocks were badly in need of replacement, and got a new fuel pump, and my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. Other than that it's been good to me. The rear hatch glass and rear doors rattle like a mofo too, can't seem to quiet them.

FYI:

The fuel pressure regulator is on the spider fuel injector on the top of the engine, under the throttle body. You know it's leaking if the car is hard to start anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours after you shut it off, but starts fine after sitting for any period after that. Reason is because that regulator leaks fuel on top of your pistons, flooding the engine for those short periods. When it has longer to sit, the fuel seeps down past your pistons. Because of that, your oil will also smell like fuel. Just a heads up, can be a bitch to troubleshoot if you don't know to look for it.

Wait wait wait, thread jack time

Lets talk more here. Bro, mine starts like shit. But after i get it running, and shut it off, then quickly turn it back over, it fires right up.

More on this please? Replacement? or what?

TIA

Not sure on 4.3's, but on the "Vortec" 350's it needed a whole new spider injector setup. Would need a new lower intake gasket at the same time just to be safe.

4L60E's are fairly bulletproof if you treat them right, for example...don't hotrod the fuck out of it, don't throw a shit load of weight at them. If you do decide to do a big build in them(walled blazer guys, take note of this) it's a good idea to get an aftermarket transmission cooler. Or, another option, is to get a full-width trans cooler out of a fullsize GMT400 and put in it.

Thing's I've noticed from that platform are mainly just a TON of body roll, and a sort of rough ride from the backseat.

So on the 4.3, the pressure regulator is a separatley replaceable piece on the spider injector. You can buy it for $50 if only it is leaking, or if you buy a new injector (for like $300-400) it comes with a new pressure regulator on it. The gasket is definitely something that should be done when you replace this.

Define "big build". How much weight we talkin? I'm about to put a 105lb sub in there.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

4x4 does not make it automatically harder on fuel unless it's engaged. Just make sure to try all of the modes a few times when driving. 2hi 4hi and 4lo. Never hit 4lo when cruising lol.

4x4 does not make it automatically harder on fuel unless it's engaged. Just make sure to try all of the modes a few times when driving. 2hi 4hi and 4lo. Never hit 4lo when cruising lol.

That was one of my next questions lol

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Didn't get the one I just went and looked at. Bad oil leak, and the ball joints were taped together. No joke, covered in duct tape and electrical tape.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

I think youre in the clear if its made it 200,xxx

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

Archived