pk222 Posted March 17, 2014 Report Posted March 17, 2014 So my buddy picked up a 2014 tundra crewmax and is missing some beat. I haven't seen his truck yet cuz he's out in North Dakota and I'm in Cali. He got quoted $1800 for a jl 13... That's just crazy!! I know it's still new but I'm sure someone here has some ideas. Help me out guys!!
Noel989 Posted March 17, 2014 Report Posted March 17, 2014 What do you need help with? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
pk222 Posted March 17, 2014 Author Report Posted March 17, 2014 Box ideas. I don't have the truck here to plan out anything. I'm going to see what ideas I can get and if anyone can give me some specs I'm gonna try to build him a box so when he comes out I can just throw it in. And removing the rear seat is a no go.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 The back of the rear seats are fixed so you have to take them out an build the box then reinstall the seat. Honestly just from looking at what I could see I'm thinking that you need to go with like 4 8s or maybe 10s. The 2014 seat isn't as sub box friendly as the 13. Its gonna be a pain.
pk222 Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 That's what I've read so far. I haven't seen his truck to get dimensions or any in person. I've just had time to look at some pictures. I was hoping someone else has already done it that I could get some measurements from. My friends not coming back to Cali for a few months and I was hoping to have it ready before he came
775Tundra Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 That's what I've read so far. I haven't seen his truck to get dimensions or any in person. I've just had time to look at some pictures. I was hoping someone else has already done it that I could get some measurements from. My friends not coming back to Cali for a few months and I was hoping to have it ready before he came Not to divert you but try browsing some tundra forums. I had a 2013 with three 10's but I know they remodeled this year 2003 Tahoe dc 7.5k dc level 5 15's (3) MMats 341's xs power batts lots of sky high cable dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them) ipad in center console vu-din in center console all being ripped out and being sold
gr8handogoatness Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 That's what I've read so far. I haven't seen his truck to get dimensions or any in person. I've just had time to look at some pictures. I was hoping someone else has already done it that I could get some measurements from. My friends not coming back to Cali for a few months and I was hoping to have it ready before he came Not to divert you but try browsing some tundra forums. I had a 2013 with three 10's but I know they remodeled this year The back seat is completely different.Sorry I don't have measurements, I don't own one yet but I will one of these days. The wife said something about needing money first.
SnowDrifter Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 Throwing out an idea ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
pk222 Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 I like the videos idea but from what it sounds like I'm working with no open space at the opening of the seat. Without me having the truck it's gonna make this build ridiculous unless I can mock off someone else's design but there aren't many out with how new the truck is.
timc31610 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 Take a field trip to your local Toyota dealer, measure one of theirs. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.