Mississippi to Drug Test Welfare Recipients

Yea LT Smoke, the problem is no one wants to regulate the shit because thats how politicians win votes by taking care of the helpless. There should also be a limit to how long you can draw without putting in, like unemployment. You shouldn't be able to spend years on government assistance and sit on your ass. Why would anyone get off of it when you can have everything paid for for you and never have to give any input? There was a picture posted earlier about burlington coat factory accepting EBT now, are you fucking kidding me? When I was growing up we had just enough as a kid to eat through the week and my dad worked 60+ hours a week. When my mom and dad took us to get on welfare they were crying because they were ashamed/embarassed. Sat in there for hours to get like $150 a month assistance, watching people pull up in caddies and lexus cars getting 4-500 a month wearing gold chains and long ass fingernails done up kids wearing new clothes and shoes. You'd have to get in line and when time to check out youd have to pull out your monopoly money and pay, it was embarrassing, now they give out debit cards with pin numbers to make it more discreet and socially acceptable. I hate what this country has turned into. End rant/

I worked for a company called Capital meats and the 1st/15th of the month was busy as hell... Made me sick that people with foodstamps were buying $300 cases of premium meats but we accepted ebt and at the time I had to sell shit to make a living because I was commission ... I saw people with 1000's in foodstamps. 1 family was a grandma that took in her 5 grandchildren after the parents were killed in a car wreck she was receiving $3500 a month in assistance... Shit was nuts she was a nice woman who was disabled so I didnt mind her getting assistance but it doesnt take 3500 to raise 6 people thats insanity

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Here in St. Pete it's gone now, but there used to be a place called Trapsman is was a seafood store and a bait and tackle shop. The shimpers and fishermen would bring back there fresh catch. I'd go fishing pick up bait at Trapman's onthe 1st of the month the place would be booming selling super fresh seafood EBT style. Go late in the month and hardly no one there sad. Freakin condos all over late area of St. pete. used to be good fishing and the mangroves are supposed to be protected, but money talks...

Crackheads on welfare aren't feeding their kids anyway. Let them all perish.

However, the bigger problem is that many who abuse the system are not drug abusers.

How do you take the motherfuckers with the nice rides, newest phones, new clothes and jewelry,,,,,,,, and an EBT/food stamp card,,,, out of the system? Thats what pisses me off most, and i've said it before. If you own an SUV, got the newest smart phone, and are using the EBT card for slurpees, candy, and chips, then you shouldn't have the benefit.

I'd like to know what legislation allows corner stores and restaurants to accept food cards for payment. It should be for basic food items like bread, milk, cheese, fruits/veggies, and other essentials.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

lol

That's pretty much what we're doing at your ideas.

I am far from liberal.

I volunteered to defend the country I love.

I defended it over 16 years and 7 deployments.

I saw what happens first hand when the poor are neglected or just plain ignored.

I support temporary public assistance enrollments for those who just couldn't keep it together but are able bodied.

I wish there was a magic button to stem the tide of fraudsters without hurting those who really need help.

It's not the children's burden, the system was flawed from the get go because the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives folks to be great also drives shit heads to find a way to get a free ride.

and my point for posting here was to say that there is no where near enough money to fund this sort of thing.

If an agency of the US government wants to test you for drugs there need to be federal laws passed trumping the need for due process. This is not the same as a private company who is not the US government.

I am a realist and a fucking American. Anyone who says fuck the kids needs to grow up or get out...

My stance on veterans has already been discussed, its of no relevance to this topic (nor is your status as a veteran).

Give me a single good reason I should give 2 fucks about someone else's kid? (This is besides the fact I offered another perfectly good option you conveniently left out of your retort) My wife and I take care of the one I have, soley off our income, why should I have to worry about shanquita's 12 little future criminals (nite: this has nothing to do with race. Everything to do with parenting). If my first option isnt used (take em), were left with the second. Its absolutely ASININE to give money to criminals (the druggies, the fraudsters) on the thin hope that will reach their children.

lol, either you are 15 or full of shit...

...conservitives don't want kids to die just so they can have money. Very "Christian" of you

Crackheads on welfare aren't feeding their kids anyway. Let them all perish.

However, the bigger problem is that many who abuse the system are not drug abusers.

How do you take the motherfuckers with the nice rides, newest phones, new clothes and jewelry,,,,,,,, and an EBT/food stamp card,,,, out of the system? Thats what pisses me off most, and i've said it before. If you own an SUV, got the newest smart phone, and are using the EBT card for slurpees, candy, and chips, then you shouldn't have the benefit.

I'd like to know what legislation allows corner stores and restaurants to accept food cards for payment. It should be for basic food items like bread, milk, cheese, fruits/veggies, and other essentials.

lobby groups pushing congress to allow EBT being spent on "other" goods is what let this happen...

I admit to not reading EVERY post in this thread but I have read enough to know I could run out of *likes* for the day if I wanted......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Airborne, I think we agree for the most part.

But to answer the question, what about the kids?

As of right now there is an organization called Social Services. If you are found not to be able to provide and or have an unhealthy living situation for your kids, they are removed from your care. How is this not part of that? If you can not take care of your children, Social Services will provide them a better living enviornment. So if you are on living assistance and can not pass a drug test, you lose your assistance and possibly your children. Sounds like a good incintive to me. I would, if need be, comply with that and do whatever it takes to provide all that I could to my children. BTW, I am raising 4 children and unlike Help, I do care about children. Teaching them that they do not have to do anything to get money is bad, really bad. It can be said that is the biggest problem with wellfare at this time. They don't know any other way. So, giving them a free ride is just as bad as letting them starve.

Again, who is going to pay for this drug test? We are! so what's the point.

It's not the assistance I am against. It's the abuse of the assistance I would like to correct. Maybe, just maybe the drug testing is the first step in that direction.

Side note: how many foster kids do you have? If the answer is "none" then quit the hypocrisy. If you care so much, start doing something.

I am disabled. You know, doing things that have no relevance, and some of the things wrong with me make that impossible. Thanks for your concern though...

Airborne, I think we agree for the most part.

But to answer the question, what about the kids?

As of right now there is an organization called Social Services. If you are found not to be able to provide and or have an unhealthy living situation for your kids, they are removed from your care. How is this not part of that? If you can not take care of your children, Social Services will provide them a better living enviornment. So if you are on living assistance and can not pass a drug test, you lose your assistance and possibly your children. Sounds like a good incintive to me. I would, if need be, comply with that and do whatever it takes to provide all that I could to my children. BTW, I am raising 4 children and unlike Help, I do care about children. Teaching them that they do not have to do anything to get money is bad, really bad. It can be said that is the biggest problem with wellfare at this time. They don't know any other way. So, giving them a free ride is just as bad as letting them starve.

Again, who is going to pay for this drug test? We are! so what's the point.

It's not the assistance I am against. It's the abuse of the assistance I would like to correct. Maybe, just maybe the drug testing is the first step in that direction.

Our country is great because for the most part we do keep our people from starving. In order to correct all of the problems we would need a HUGE expansion of our government and I am against any further growth until we sort out how much we can cut first.

Archived