Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Port Enclosure Design


Jeremy Coc

Recommended Posts

Posted

Precission Ports have a good calculator for figure that out. Just got to there website and use the tool.

Posted

Precission Ports have a good calculator for figure that out. Just got to there website and use the tool.

Already posted lol
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Say 3 4" ports but flared and that would be nothing great really.

So I see the flaw in my plan that everyone is picking up is port cross sectional area. in that case what would people recommend as a great port cross sectional area for my setup?

Posted

The 4" is the cross-sectional area of the inside diameter in the middle of the port, not the flared diameter.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

The 4" is the cross-sectional area of the inside diameter in the middle of the port, not the flared diameter.

Yes, the way I understood was I'd have to have a length of 4" and then once I'd completed a length I'd need to flare the exit of the port. are you saying people are having issues with the flared cross sectional area not the straight cross sectional area?

Posted

Could do a single 8" aero or 2 6" aero Ports.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Could do a single 8" aero or 2 6" aero Ports.

Using the 2x 6" port example in the calculator yields

Straight port length - ~19"

Flared port length - ~20"

These seem doable.

So as simple as getting two 90 degree bends and two straight peices and make sure the length including the flare adds up to 20 inches?

Posted

That flare is based off of the prebuild aero-ports that the company sells.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Fair enough if its on their site.

Is flaring the end myself a bad idea?

Simply cutting the rest of the port 1 - 2" too short and making a 90 degree round flare or has it got to be pretty exact.

Or is it a case of

No flare < My flare < Exactly flare

Posted

Remember that is 20" per 6" flared port.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3268 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...