Sundown Audio

BC3500 Q1-3500 APK3500 same board

Hammer Knock

It's AudioPipe. Sure... *this* board is Korean. I can't tell you if the parts are the same or not or if they use the same weight board, or values, tolerances... But... the APK's are basically the same price as the brands we already know and trust. And trust is everything to me. So I'll take the proven ones, please. Thanks.

I personally have repaired a nendo and a APK 3500. They do have the same capacitors and most of the same parts. However, the biggest difference is the build quality. The nendo PCB is about twice as thick as the APk and you can tell that the nendo had been hand soldered in some place from the factory. Which knowing a Koreans work ethic makes me very happy to see, I love nendo amps and want one so bad next time. I will never recommend an APK because of the shitty board and solder joints.

Out of the three at this time I would chose the soundqubed though, the board may look similar but it is a completely different animal and is great quality.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I personally have repaired a nendo and a APK 3500. They do have the same capacitors and most of the same parts. However, the biggest difference is the build quality. The nendo PCB is about twice as thick as the APk and you can tell that the nendo had been hand soldered in some place from the factory. Which knowing a Koreans work ethic makes me very happy to see, I love nendo amps and want one so bad next time. I will never recommend an APK because of the shitty board and solder joints.

Out of the three at this time I would chose the soundqubed though, the board may look similar but it is a completely different animal and is great quality.

And that.

From now on I'm going to read tfades posts in a Morgan Freeman voice.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

LMFAO!!!!!! That is probably the best post ive ever seen.

TFade ballin out; even better when read in a Morgan Freeman voice

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I can tell you those are not all the same boards.

Just looking at the larger capacitors of which there is 8 you can see the oreintation of the the cap, The lighter color strip of the cap (golish yellow) is the negative terminal.

On some of the amps in the pictures you see the negatives stripes all facing 1 direction, in ther q1 amp you see 4 capacitors facing the other 4. That right there means that there is a difference in the trace routes on the PCB of the amplifier and how everything is hooked up.

You can also see on the power supply side by the 4 round torrids, inductors, copper looking donut things. one amp has Four groups of 4 smaller capacitors, while the other knock off look a likes have a line of 10 of them (all janky crooked messy order) and then two groups of 3 farther up. Again still 16 capacitors but different locations, different layouts, and definitively one is put together with care while the other looks like they where just tossed on which ever way they landed.

So just because they appear to be the same, does not mean they always are, and chances are the amps like the audiopipe are a knock off brand board copied from a quality Korean build house.

I can tell you those are not all the same boards.

Just looking at the larger capacitors of which there is 8 you can see the oreintation of the the cap, The lighter color strip of the cap (golish yellow) is the negative terminal.

On some of the amps in the pictures you see the negatives stripes all facing 1 direction, in ther q1 amp you see 4 capacitors facing the other 4. That right there means that there is a difference in the trace routes on the PCB of the amplifier and how everything is hooked up.

You can also see on the power supply side by the 4 round torrids, inductors, copper looking donut things. one amp has Four groups of 4 smaller capacitors, while the other knock off look a likes have a line of 10 of them (all janky crooked messy order) and then two groups of 3 farther up. Again still 16 capacitors but different locations, different layouts, and definitively one is put together with care while the other looks like they where just tossed on which ever way they landed.

So just because they appear to be the same, does not mean they always are, and chances are the amps like the audiopipe are a knock off brand board copied from a quality Korean build house.

ok thanks! question for you. bc3500 or q1-3500?

if the car doesn't stall, you have enough voltage.

DEH-6400BT

BC3500D on 2 x 12" Lanzar Opti1233d

QBOMB 4.5cu

1/0 awg, Lanzar AMPKIT0

Singer 275 + LCAKT50DBL

Archived