My car buying experience and the blowoff from Route 22 Nissan

Well as most of you know I've been car shopping for months. I've been eyeing a specific Charger SRT-8 since Mid January. I finally decided to suck it up and go take the trip to the dealer that had the car. The dealer was route 22 Nissan and is located in Hillside NJ. I live in Milford, PA. This puts the trip at about 75 miles and about an hour and 45 minutes with the traffic. I even took a half day off work to go do this and hopefully enjoy my new car before the weekend. Before I even left I not only had all my financing and down payment information ready to go, but I reserved the car on Tuesday of this week through their site and then followed up with an email to ensure the car was still there.

I left work at noon and arrived at the dealership around 2PM. Since I had no idea where to park I ended up parking about as far from the show room as humanly possible. I didn't think it would be a big deal since it's a car dealership and people get attacked as soon as they get out the car. Their was a salesman standing their smoking a cigarette and talking on his cell phone at the corner of the building. I stopped to look at him and attempt to get his attention and when he made eye contact he quickly turned and walked in the other direction! This should have been my first flag and definitely didn't sit well with me but I wanted the car so I sucked it up and walked to the dealership. Now I walked to the front of the dealership closest to the street. You know, where the door usually is. Negative, I was greeted by signs that said please use the front door. I ended up walking the entire building to find the front door and not once was I greeted or assisted by a sales person. Glaring red flag number two but again, I wanted the car.

Once I got to the front door, I was greeted by the only friendly person of the day. The front desk clerk. I explained why I was there and remarked that they should probably put a sign up so people don't walk the whole building trying to find the front door. AT that point a guy who was sitting on the bench got up and asked me if I had walked the entire way around the building and no one had helped me. I told him this was correct and his response was, "Oh thats a shame." He then sat back down. Glaring red flag number three but again. I wanted the car and it was a long ride to go empty handed. Little did I know.

I then was supposed to meet the person who I had been talking to but was handed off to the third person I met coming in the door. So I had been there for three minutes and had three sales people who were supposed to help me. I get lead to a table and they start going over their sales pitch about one price up front and no hidden fees. AT that point she casually mentioned the documentation fee. You know the hidden fee and then registration fees. I don't know where you guys are from but I live in PA. My vehicle registration fee is 36 dollars a year for a car. They gave me a price of 415 dollars. Looks like another dealer hidden fee. Regardless, I was prepared to go to war over that anyways so I didn't pay any attention. I told her that we could go over numbers after I saw the car. The car I've been lusting over for two months. She says sure and goes to find the keys.

I'm watching her run around the entire sales floor looking for the keys. AFter about twenty minutes she comes back over and tells me the car was sent to auction yesterday. I get up and grab my things and tell her I guess we are done here. Then it kicked in. I realized that not only had I been told it was still there but I had reserved it. SO I asked her why I had reserved it on Tuesday and the vehicle was moved anyways. She said that there might be something we can do about getting it back and went to get the manager.

This is where I get pissed off. I'm watching the interaction and the manager acted like it was the biggest most off putting thing to have to get up and talk to me. I don't know about you guys but I was about to spend close to 40 grand and that is a shit ton of money. Especailly when it was the most expensive used car on their lot and one of the most expensive period. He comes over and gives me a sorry that couldn't even be considered eighth hearted let alone half hearted. He gave me the vibe that he was being put out to have to even discuss this with me. Here is the whole interaction from memory

I'm really sorry after so many days they get sent to auction.

Me: Really so at what point after I reserved the car and made an appointment to come look at it was the decision made to send it to auction even though I was going to buy today?

Him: I'm really sorry.

Me: No you aren't. You don't even give a shit. I drove almost two hours and blew off a half day of my vacation time to get this done and here I am leaving in the same car I came in with. I reserved the car and even made sure it was still available and the car still was moved on me. That is poor business practices and if this is how you work I'm not even sure how you are in business.

Him: I'm really sorry.

Me: Again no you aren't you act like this is no big deal to you and it might be but to me its a big deal. I came in prepared to take this car home and I even had 10 grand cash to dump on it today. Now I don't know about you but if this is how I get treated when buying a 40 thousand dollar car I'd hate to see how you treat those who aren't spending that much with you.

Him: I'm really sorry

Me. You don't have to lie to me. I'm glad I didn't bother to spend any money here.

Him: It's a really rare car man those are hard to find.

Me; Then you think you'd actually want to sell it.

At that point I walked out got in my car and headed home.

So for those of you who are in the Newark area please do yourself a favor and avoid this dealership. I'm guessing that they treat everyone like shit and since they are in a high volume area they don't care. For those interested, the car is still on their site listed for sale. I am half wondering if the manager was driving it and dind't want to give it up. I'm pretty bent about this still and even though it wasn't a Nissan I'll be sending them an email to let them know just how dirty their dealership played me. Best part is you'll all notice that the dealer name is in my title. Ever see what happens when you google something and it's part of the title at the largest car audio forum on the web? I hope this post saves at least one person from taking it on the chin like I did.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Heres the link to the car. Still on the site. If anyone wants to call and see if it's still on the lot have at it

http://www.route22nissan.com/used/Dodge/2013-Dodge-Charger-c1d21cd30a0a00494733fde8c671f4d4.htm

I'm pretty curious to see what they say.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

That is correct if you look at the link I posted you'll see the button to reserve the car. I did that on tuesday. got the confirmation and everything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

that same thing happened to me when i went to go get our first srt. (this was in 2010) ended up fonding an older guy (50s) who had one on craigslist and bought his. dealerships dont give a fuck.

went in on a sunday said ill be back tuesday (gave them 5k just to hold it) went back and it wasnt there

That's crazy. You go there to give them money and they basically push you back out the door. Makes you wonder how they stay in business

2 DC Audio lvl 4 xl 18s D .7s walled off @ 30 hz

19 cubes net 245sq in of port

Sundown 3500 @ .7 Ohm

Sundown 100.4

Rockford Fosgat Power Series

5.25 Dash

6.5 Kicks

8 Coaxils Doors

250 mechicman alt

1 red top under the hood

2 yellow tops in back

big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire

3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire

IT LBS

Im suprised they didnt try to push you on to a drop top Nissan Murrano or something.

Him: Well i know you really want the SRT-8 but they are bad on gas and not that comfy. But this Preimum Conertable Murrano has your name all over it.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

orzech they are still open til 9 tonight.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived