Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Help for 2 HDS310s


bcbrassard

Recommended Posts

Posted

Also would it help to invert the subs?

Posted

Also would it help to invert the subs?

You will get maybe .34 more space by inverting but I would say yes if your limited on space. You really need a bigger box but I know you have what you have to work with.

For example I have my 12s in a box that is 5 cf net.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Thanks, hopefully Joe X can come up with something that will work. Or any others with great box skills. I can build but need a good design. I guess maybe i made a mistake in math and getting the 2 10s, i thought there would be room to build a box for them and off the power i have. ?

Posted

Thanks, hopefully Joe X can come up with something that will work. Or any others with great box skills. I can build but need a good design. I guess maybe i made a mistake in math and getting the 2 10s, i thought there would be room to build a box for them and off the power i have. ?

Damn sorry man I wasn't thinking. You have the 10" subs. According to SQ website the max size box they recommend is 3.25 for 2 10s.

You will be fine with the space you have. Just get the tuning right.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

I have updated the above to a more compact depth (at the cost of minimal increase in height ,width and other improvements), only having more width or height I could shave off some depth, maybe you should check the hard limit of those dimensions, there's always some more space even if it's a little.

Posted

This is what I came up with. I don't think that these new HDS series are going to have the same requirements add the existing HDC line from Soundqubed.

SketchBCBrassard.png

I think that just over a cube per sub will be just fine for these subs. This box is damn close to the exact dimensions you wanted, just 1" deeper. It's tuned at ~ 34 Hz, with almost 36" of port. Internal volume after displacements is 2.4 cubes. That should be God's plenty of room for these things to do their job well.

Any questions, or if you want a cut sheet, PM me ;)

Have a nice day

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Well, he's under powering the subs.

I still don't think that 1-1.25 per sub is going to lack bandwidth or low end boom.

Without specific specs of these new subs it's hard to tell. I just don't feel like these are built the same way as their HDC stuff. I don't think they're going to require quite the amount airspace or port as the bigger brother HDC3 line.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Well, he's under powering the subs.

I like your design on this one. I don't know if he's got the room for it though. If he does have the room, in sure he'd be happy with that box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Would inverting the subs make much of a difference? I am not sure if it will fit, Build it and make it fit! lol Way better than what i have going on now thats for sure. And if the T1500 doesnt power them well then bummer....I will have to upgrade to a bigger amp. Thank for all your guy's designs and input!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...