Sundown Audio

RF T500-1bd enough?

m720bos

Would one RF T500-1bd be enough to power two RF T1 12" that are 600rms each? I have 2 of these amps and plan to have one two each sub in the near future, but under certain temporary circumstances I am only able to run one of them. I also have a "2500 watt" Boss amp that I really dont want to use because in my opinion the brand is garbage, but It is the only one I have that puts over 1000 at the moment. I have had the T500 powering two RF p3 12" that are 500rms each in the past and it worked okay. what should I do? should I just wait or use the boss?

I dumped a RF 2500bdcp on two T1 12's in my acura, at 2ohm...... :shrug:

WoW! if I could afford a t2500 I wouldnt hesitate, but I bought my amps at different time thats the only reason I have two T500. I already have a hard time explaining why I spend that much on car audio to my woman! I wish i could find a deal on one but for now I work with what I have. I have heard from a lot of people that the T1 can handle up to 1500 but thats crazy! I really dont want to risk burning them up after all the money I spent on them. They had no problem with that much power? did u have them in a custom enclosure?

You really think that boss puts out more then a t500??? Lmao

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

You really think that boss puts out more then a t500??? Lmao

i had my doubts ...... dont be a dick i clearly just said in my post that i think the amp is garbage. the birthsheet to the t500 states 790 x1 at 1 ohm and even though the boss claims 2500 i assumed it was really more like 1100 so instead of being a smart ass you can just contribute to the topic please.

I thought the t1s are rated at 800 RMS I believe the t0 is the one rated at 600 rms .

The new T1 is rated at 800 I have the older silver face T1 model that is rated at 600

Archived