Car Just Died. Annnnd Here We Go.....

How does an intercooler leak into the engine?

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Hmm, is the belt attached to a pulley that runs another belt? Water pump, etc it may be a little harder to turn over under those circumstances.

Glad it's running again.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

That dealer is sketchy as fuck dude.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Maybe im not as mechanically astute but im not even sure how it leaks back into the engine. Id tske it to the place that did the install if thats the case they are on the hook. Id also see what kb says about it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I thought you pulled all the plugs out?

I thought you pulled all the plugs out?

I did. He said it was because the belt was on that I couldn't turn it.

The whole thing is questionable. Im just going to go ahead and get a new rotating assembly and be done with it.

Ive never had a motor not turn on me just cause the belt is still on . Its doesn't take that much to turn a power steeing pump, a/c.. BUt you do have that DC alt on maybe thats what was holding it back LOL

Like N8 said I would see what KB says if its possible for the intercooler to leak into the cylinders.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

It is technically possible, but not probable. This intercooler has two parts, the diffuser n front of the radiator, and the actual intercooler plate that is sandwiched between the intercooler and top of the engine. It is one big solid piece of aluminum though, and would have to be cracked to leak. Highly unlikely, as there are hundreds of these kits on the road, and I haven't found any horror stories online yet. I have already contacted tech for KB, awaiting reply. If it is cracked (doubtful), they'll replace it.

The only way water got in there in my opinion is the head gasket theory I had months back when the car started running like shit in the mornings, and got better throughout the day.

I've already got head gaskets, so ill have my shop go ahead and change them when they remove the KB for inspection.

As for the Ford dealership, at least they didn't rape me by tearing down the motor, but it looks like ties are officially cut.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Just got a reply from Kenne Bell. "There are only TWO ways the intercooler could leak. One is if the coolant mixture somehow freezes and damages the aluminum. The second is if the coolant mixture is too diluted, causing the aluminum to corrode and fail."

Neither is the case here.

They also stated that "each unit is pressure tested up to 30psi, well above anything it would see in the installed application. And any unit that fails testing is discarded."

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So what are you going to do now? Should fall under warranty

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

The car is running. Not much I can do. Even if I show it is a failed head gasket, the extra boost will be blamed. They only charged me an hour of labor and are gonna wash the car. Ill get it to my shop ASAP to get the head gaskets done, then start saving for the internals, in case something was damaged. I just don't want to break down again.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

At least its running. Start building that fucker now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived