Jump to content

Car Just Died. Annnnd Here We Go.....


Recommended Posts

Posted

Timing chain

LMAO

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Alright, so they are going to look at it tomorrow. The deal is, they will do as little disassembly as possible to determine what actually failed and why. Im rolling the dice on labor fees. If they warranty the engine, I won't be charged for the teardown, but if they don't, hourly rate FTL.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Timing chain

LMAO

the timing chain tensioner(s) crossed my mind...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Timing chain

LMAO

the timing chain tensioner(s) crossed my mind...

Wont lock up the motor

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Timing chain

LMAO

the timing chain tensioner(s) crossed my mind...

Wont lock up the motor

talked to my dad about it and he said the same thing. just popped in my head because i read about them failing on 2v's. worst case would be what, fucking a cam up?

Idk, the more I think about a tensioner failing, cam getting fucked up, and valves sticking shut.... and a cylinder failing to release exhaust....makes me think of a possible bent rod/valve.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Valve no. cam no.. SOHC on these. Something on the bottom end gave.

Rod bearing

Main Bearing

Piston or ring issue???

But the question is what made them go..

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Did you ever notice oil pressure fluctuations? I guess if the pump failed you would only have a few minutes of run time before something gives, so unless you are constantly watching the gauge it's easy to miss.

Posted

But the question is what made them go..

Either heat or no lubrication. Since the motor was well within operating temp range, ill go with the latter. And since the oil level is perfect (just checked again today), my bet is still oil pump.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 532 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...