Sundown Audio

Opinions on this amp?

Seymore

Hey, my friend can get dealer pricing on all of Hifonics' products, and I need a new amp to power four Power Acoustik CPT-60's components. Will this amp be powerful enough? the RMS says that it will (wiring in pairs down to 2 ohm), but does Hifonics' ratings tend to be exaggerated like other cheap brands?

Amp-http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76254_Hifonics-X200.2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=sc_ps_google&scid=scawd6211468&gclid=CIvP39OLsb0CFenm7AodOhAAzw

Components - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37228_Power-Acoustik-CPT-60C.html

EDIT: Forums' being weird, wouldn't let me post two links.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Did you already purchase those speakers? I hope that 13mm tweeter is a typo. The Alpine Type E comp set is around the same price and I am sure it will sound better than those.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Did you already purchase those speakers? I hope that 13mm tweeter is a typo. The Alpine Type E comp set is around the same price and I am sure it will sound better than those.

Not yet, they just seemed to be nice for budget (bogus reviews on sonic then)

Anyone have a good budget pair of components for less than 60$?

EDIT: components, not coaxials :domodance:

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Not yet, they just seemed to be nice for budget (bogus reviews on sonic then)

Anyone have a good budget pair of components for less than 60$?

EDIT: components, not coaxials :domodance:

Not saying they are bogus reviews and I have never heard them but a 13mm dome tweeter made of what? they don't list the material and a cone make of black zirconium? has me a little skeptical... and the fact that 3 out of 9 people said they suck???

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Well, I was almost willing to take the risk with those components. With my old kicker 6 1/2 co-axials, the reviews were mixed too, but I ended up loving them.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

Well, I was almost willing to take the risk with those components. With my old kicker 6 1/2 co-axials, the reviews were mixed too, but I ended up loving them.

the cheap ones from Walmart? Over power the shit out of them and they honestly don't sound half bad lol... Had a pair in my truck on an oldschool Punch 40x2...They would scream at the power but never gave me issues. Besides smelling sometime.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

the cheap ones from Walmart? Over power the shit out of them and they honestly don't sound half bad lol... Had a pair in my truck on an oldschool Punch 40x2...They would scream at the power but never gave me issues. Besides smelling sometime.

Yeah, I had those running off of a Boss double-din and it actually sounded pretty good.

It's really weird, the double din was rated at 40w rms a channel, but when i turned it up to the point of distortion, backed it down a couple clicks, and multimetered it, it was still doing ~29 watts a channel @ 4 ohms. Usually boss is trash IMO, but that deck was an oddball I guess.

Well, until it caught on fire 8 months down the road xD (was kinda my fault too)

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

the components have a one star review saying he will never do business with them again and a 4 star rating saying they quit working before a month went by

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

the components have a one star review saying he will never do business with them again and a 4 star rating saying they quit working before a month went by

You got me there, I'm not gonna get those after all.

What about these? nothing but good reviews so far.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_49970_Alpine-SXE-1750S.html

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

Archived