S15_Silvia's used car search saga

Only the TCM/ECM/ABS modules will set a check engine light.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Only the TCM/ECM/ABS modules will set a check engine light.

transmission and motor problems will throw a CEL. ABS issues will throw an ABS light. it would be stupid if you had an issue with your brakes and the check engine light came on. most people ignore the CEL anyways, but an ABS light is not as commonly ignored.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Could be the cars pic was just taken with the key in the on position. I have had vehicles that show the CEL with the key on but not running.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Looking closely at the pic, you can see the tach is somewhere just below 1000rpm

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Dont be worried if there are codes stored in a lot of modules. That car has something like 30ish control units. They store dumb codes for the side mirrors, rear view mirror, headlights, seat switch, radio ETC..... Is it a volvo dealer?

It's not. It's just a used dealer in Murrysville, near Pittsburgh.

My feedback thread

They specifically want $8511 but I feel there's a little wiggle room since I'd pay cash.

My feedback thread

The engine are solid on those. Transmissions are pretty solid too. If the clutch needs to be repalced at any time $$$$$$. It has a dual mass flywheel and cannot resurface

the flywheel like a traditional flywheel( $1000 for the parts alone and about 10hours in labor). Also common problems, radiator leaks passenger side lower tank, control arm bushings break, strut mounts, struts leak,BRAKES!!!! ( and these have stock Brembo brakes and also very expensive ), AWD transfer case leaks, goes through tires pretty quickly. Not trying to spook you, but just tryingelp you to out. Scan the code and let me know. If possible, have it scanned and a printout of the codes stored from Volvo. They are weird about codes and have a lot of manufacturere specific codes

Matt, could you PM me some ball park figures for repairs of each of these?

My feedback thread

They specifically want $8511 but I feel there's a little wiggle room since I'd pay cash.

whoa whoa whoa

The value of that car in average condition (May have a few mechanical and/or cosmetic problems and may require a considerable amount of reconditioning)

with 100,000 miles, is $4,000 private party and $5,000 dealer price.

Looking closely at the pic, you can see the tach is somewhere just below 1000rpm

Im on mobile I couldnt tell

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived