Second Skin Audio

final impedance?

m720bos

I have a mono amp so if i wire one d2 sub to 1 ohm and another d2 sub to 1 ohm and wire both of them to my amplifier what is the final impedance on the amp? I am not wiring them together and there are two separate connection ports for two subs on the mono amp that they will be wired into.

You would be at .5 ohm if you wire parallel. The two separate inputs are internally connected so it still just acts as one input but makes wiring easier.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It;s a mono amp. The 2 seperate connections are just for easy wiring. The way you have it wire is a final load of .5ohm

truthsayer

I have wired it like this before with the same amp with different subs and it worked fine. The amp is a rockford power series amp. should i wire them to a 2 ohm final load instead? im trying to get the most out of the amp because it is underpower compared to my subs

What model power series amp is it? yes you should wire to 2 ohm as those amps are not .5 ohm stable

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What model power series amp is it? yes you should wire to 2 ohm as those amps are not .5 ohm st

its a T500-1bd the black one that looks the same as the newer bdcp

What model power series amp is it? yes you should wire to 2 ohm as those amps are not .5 ohm st

its a T500-1bd the black one that looks the same as the newer bdcp

I powered 2 subs at .5 for months and it never even got hot

Ya wire to 2 ohm, RF amps are not .5 stable. Funny thing though i have 2 older T1D415s and when i went to test them to sell off my T1500 it really lowered my volts lower than i have seen before on my car. So i was screwing around and put the box to an ohm test and was getting .5 & .6 which seemed odd and might account for the large voltage drop. ?

Archived