if you know how to work on suspension systems should be a day or so of work.if you dont know how to work on them its prob gonna be a lil bit of a challenge......but 11k is way to much money.....unless ur tryna get some tractor wheels/tires under it......

b8426b6f-6b19-45b2-aa60-f898a05a3587_zps

88 ranger xlt ext cab

HU. jvc bluetooth/usb deck

mids/highs. 2 earthquake 5s. 2 earthquake 6s and 2 Cadence CVLT-60 tweets

subs. 2 Addictive audio V4 12s

SAZ3000D

SAX100.2

alt. 135 amp ford mustang

batt. deka G31 1131MF

box. 4 cubes 30-34hz

rims. black 13x7 100 spokes with chrome knock offs.

tires. 155/80r13.milestar touring se

real billet grille not a bolt on.

HYDROS FINISHED!!!!! 2 pumps 4 batts

I get fucked by this old guy at work all the time. MY ASS WILL FOREVER REPRODUCE THE LOWEST AUDIBLE SUB BASS FREQUENCIES KNOWN TO MAN!

just because we think it ugly and it sounds like a bucket of smashed assholes.

Hanes. And dried jizz. It's better than fatmat

Nah it was a standard 6" lift kit with normal tires they said "it's a lot of work to install lift kits and we make sure everything is done right". Yeah I'm ok at working with cars but I also have a relative who's a mechanic and said he should be able to do it without a problem.

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

yea 11k they better be building everything from scratch and powder coat it lol. 6" should only take about a day to install and maybe a few hours bleeding brakes ect with the right tools

b8426b6f-6b19-45b2-aa60-f898a05a3587_zps

88 ranger xlt ext cab

HU. jvc bluetooth/usb deck

mids/highs. 2 earthquake 5s. 2 earthquake 6s and 2 Cadence CVLT-60 tweets

subs. 2 Addictive audio V4 12s

SAZ3000D

SAX100.2

alt. 135 amp ford mustang

batt. deka G31 1131MF

box. 4 cubes 30-34hz

rims. black 13x7 100 spokes with chrome knock offs.

tires. 155/80r13.milestar touring se

real billet grille not a bolt on.

HYDROS FINISHED!!!!! 2 pumps 4 batts

I get fucked by this old guy at work all the time. MY ASS WILL FOREVER REPRODUCE THE LOWEST AUDIBLE SUB BASS FREQUENCIES KNOWN TO MAN!

just because we think it ugly and it sounds like a bucket of smashed assholes.

Hanes. And dried jizz. It's better than fatmat

• 7 months later...

Depends on the company of lift kit.

If we are talking high end kits like Full Throttle I can see the price...

That's assuming you went in and said "I want high end, I want a really good lift kit"

If you can put it in yourself or have family and friends that can, shop around online and order it yourself. Rough country (RCX) is low cost for a reason. They're decent for something that doesn't get driven, but I can tell you that things wear out fast because they're cheap components.

Fabtech is where I would go looking if I was looking for a moderate priced kit.

• 3 months later...

I would highly advise looking at some of the F150 forum sites, and see what they do. I learned from FTE.com on my 94 F350 and did it myself, and I'm planning on doing the 6" lift on my 06 F250 myself as well. You'd be surprised at how much you can learn from there. Follow the directions with the kit if they come with them (most do or you can get them off of the website). Get yourself a good jack, and a couple of pairs of jack stands. You can really do it with basic hand tools but I'll say this, invest in a torque wrench if you don't have one. You'll need it.

But my advise, if you do it on your own, is to take your time, take pics (for us and you of course to help if you get stuck on how something went together), and I'd invest in some EZ-bleeders as well. Easiest way to bleed the brakes on your own. They're on my 94, and I'll be putting them on my 06 too.

Good luck. You'll feel the satisfaction of getting it done yourself, as well as putting a couple of grand in your pocket. Maybe you can step up in the type of kit you get that way.

As far as spending $11k, if you're going to spend that much you might as well get a full on air lift done. All air bags, and fabricated parts, specifically for your vehicle. Can't recall if that was installed or not, but I looked at it for shits and grins and found out how much and was like HELLLLL NO!!! Would be cool though.

Anyway, good luck!

yea 11k they better be building everything from scratch and powder coat it lol. 6" should only take about a day to install and maybe a few hours bleeding brakes ect with the right tools

Thats is if you have a lift to work on....

6in lift takes me a bout a day and a half to do. It requires some cutting of brackets and what not. Its not something that you would want to do on your drive way with minimal tools and experience.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

If it was a rough country kit they offered you at 11k installed laugh at them and leave. If it was something along the lines of rize kit with everything included, then 11k is reasonable. Ive got 4500 for just my kit alone took me and my buddy in his lift shop about 2 days to put it all on. Like keith77 said if you have minimal tools and minimal fab skills dont do it yourself, a suspension and steering setup isnt something you want to ride on and not be 100% sure its right. Its a danger to you and everyone else.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived