jandsaudio Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Was wondering if any fellow SMD members ever did any "Urban Exploration"? Ive been looking to get into it here locally and was just wondering if anybody else out there is into it or interested? Just joined a fourm and I have to wait 72 hours to post, but from some of the stuff ive seen over there so far, some things can get pretty sketchy and some can be straight forward. Just have to deal with the COPS now in 2 different hobbies..... haha If anybody has any experience or tips, feel free to post them up or if youve ever been on any trips post up some pics and some of the equipment you use. Not looking to spend thousands, but maybe a couple hundred total on a camera(besides my iphone) and gloves and lights and shit. Later guys
EP95 Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Me and a couple of friends dug up a tunnel to an abandoned nuclear testing place in dawsonville once, could go about 50ft before it got to a staircase underwater.
n8ball2013 Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Can you define urban exploration THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Tecomah Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Me and a couple of friends dug up a tunnel to an abandoned nuclear testing place in dawsonville once, could go about 50ft before it got to a staircase underwater. shit I would have brought back a dive rig, but I'm probably a little insane 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
EP95 Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Me and a couple of friends dug up a tunnel to an abandoned nuclear testing place in dawsonville once, could go about 50ft before it got to a staircase underwater.shit I would have brought back a dive rig, but I'm probably a little insane I figure since theres no light, the waters mixed with Georgia red clay, and the place is 60-70 years old that wouldn't be a smart Idea.
Motorboat KER Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 I live by Detroit so I have went to the ruge auto plant, Packard plant, on top of the Detroit train station (ran from a hobo lol) And kicked out of old apartment buildings It's fun as hell, just be safe!
SMZ2 Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Sounds interesting. I know of plenty of abandoned plants and house around here. Never gone inside of them though. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Tecomah Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Me and a couple of friends dug up a tunnel to an abandoned nuclear testing place in dawsonville once, could go about 50ft before it got to a staircase underwater.shit I would have brought back a dive rig, but I'm probably a little insane I figure since theres no light, the waters mixed with Georgia red clay, and the place is 60-70 years old that wouldn't be a smart Idea. depends on your skill level and knowledge. I spend most of my time at a dive shop, so I have had the opportunity to dive some pretty sketchy water. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
lolitskasey Posted April 15, 2014 Report Posted April 15, 2014 Just be careful of asbestos, some of our historic buildings at work still have some areas that haven't been abaited yet and people still work around it. I imagine old abandon buildings are crawling with it.
jandsaudio Posted April 15, 2014 Author Report Posted April 15, 2014 Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment. Photography and historical interest/documentation are heavily featured in the hobby and, although it may sometimes involve trespassing onto private property, this is not always the case and is of innocent intention. ^^^grabbed from wiki^^^ I haven't been myself yet other than to some old cabins in the woods built in the late 40's, no pics other than iPhone shots though as I don't have a good quality camera yet. That place was pretty cool but I found out the hard way that the place was invested with TICKS, lots of them and all kinds. My grandpa got Lyme disease from a tick back in the early 90's and passed in the late 90's. Anyways enough rambling, back to you guys.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.