Inline 4 engine in sunbeam

Btw this is a picture of the car (not actual b/c the actual car is sitting in the driveway under a car tarp that at the moment of time doesn't seem worth it to remove right now haha)

Butttt...... 1966 Sunbeam Alpine

1966_Sunbeam_Alpine_6-09_John_Quilter_Ph

same color, but he wants a paintjob too :) haha

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

A few I can name is (easy swaps) SR20DE/SR20DET/CA18DET/Miata 1.6L (Custom turbo)/Miata 1.8L(turbo).

I'd steer away from MR2 engines, they're not RWD engines, they're actually FWD engines but in the rear (mid engine car).

RX-7 Rotary engines are quite stout, if you pops wants to consider that too.

If you DO decide to get a Miata, if you plan on doing launches and beating on the car, for sure get the RX-7 turbo II rear diff and trans for it, their transmissions aren't exactly on the reliable side... I believe the 6-sp Miata's trans is pretty okay too.

A few I can name is (easy swaps) SR20DE/SR20DET/CA18DET/Miata 1.6L (Custom turbo)/Miata 1.8L(turbo).

I'd steer away from MR2 engines, they're not RWD engines, they're actually FWD engines but in the rear (mid engine car).

RX-7 Rotary engines are quite stout, if you pops wants to consider that too.

If you DO decide to get a Miata, if you plan on doing launches and beating on the car, for sure get the RX-7 turbo II rear diff and trans for it, their transmissions aren't exactly on the reliable side... I believe the 6-sp Miata's trans is pretty okay too.

SR20DET was also a choice because of the turbo but usually people who have them want to keep them, they rebuilt them with aftermarket parts, or they beat the hell out of them. But Rx-7 is probably a stay away because of rotary engine + oil consumption. This car wont really be used to race, note my pops is in his mid 50's, but he wants some sort of speed upgraded from his DD (prius due to 3 hour commute to work n back everyday) that will satisfy him on weekends or can be used in situations when needed.

And dont even ask how stupid I feel about the mr2s.... -_-

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Idk about motors, but that is a pimp car

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Put a Ford 302 in there. Came stock with them I believe.

But seriously though a beautiful car, and any motor in that will make it quick as hell. Good luck on the engine search.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I would do a mild ford turbo coupe 2.3. 200-230 hp should be easy, and those cars are rwd so you are good in that aspect. Also, you could find a ranger 2.3 and drop some good pistons and rods in it and run boost to it.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

I think we are going for a 06 miata engine / tran cause it's the best for his needs. Next question would be where is a good place to look for used / rebuilt engine / transmission packages ? I googled it, came up with very few except some on eBay but doesn't come as package and yeah. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough,

But is there any online distributors for good used engines ?

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Also, I'm looking at buying a car too. A wrx specifically. But the majority I see on CL that I can afford are heavily modded and I want a stock so I can mod it myself. I was wondering what would be the best bet to finding a stock wrx ? Would going to a bunch of dealers and looking at their used inventory to find a completely stock one (year 04-08).

Or I was also thinking if that doesn't work out, but a lightly modded or stock with a bunch of miles and buy a rebuilding kit and rebuild the whole engine (from bare block) or is that a bad idea.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Archived