Sundown Audio

Opinions on Precision Power Amps

hammiethebasshead

There quality has seemed to drop in the past couple years. I have a family friend who is an old old school basshead and he used to love their stuff, but won't touch it now

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

it says list price $439 what is the sale price? I've never heard or seen those amps but no way in h e double hockey sticks would i spend $400 on that amp.

so what is the actual price on it? if it's.in the $250-275 area i might pick one up for my girls car. from what you guys are saying it seems ok

price finally popped up. $189 thats what makes me think it's junk. and there out of stock. another $50 and.you Can get some awesome used amps. p

pass

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I have to kick in my 2 cents here. I personally run PPIs sister company Power Acoustik. When I was looking for an amplifier, I was concerned with size, price, and output. I picked up the Razor RZ-2300D and have been happy ever since. I also spent less than 100 bucks shipped. It is tiny, efficient, and does everything my audio system requires. PPI and PA had a bad reputation for a little while, but I would not hesitate to use their equipment since the parent company picked up Soundstream. I don't know for sure if PPI is being built to the same quality control standards as the other two, but my PA is every bit as good as anything I have picked up in the higher price points. Cheaper does not always mean cheap.

I'm sorry but Power Acoustic amps suck plain and simple. A RF 300 watt amp would walk all over a power acoutic 2000 watt badged POS and it wont wreck your electrical.

The Razor RZ-2300D has 50 amps of fusing and is recommended to run on 8 ga wire. 1400rms watts my ass! Good luck getting 500 watts out of it if its stuck by lighting!

That's funny, because I just got 42.5 volts at 56 amps draw. That equals 2252.5 watts. Assuming rms is roughly half of that, it sees 1126.25 watts. For an amp that is seeing less than 1% distortion, I would say that its no POS. I already knew that I would not see all of the expected power unless it was as you say Struck By Lightinin, but over 1100 RMS on a hundred dollar amp is great. That's less than .10 cents per watt. As for overheating, shutdowns, or general failures, I have had none, and I run my system at full tilt a lot. I don't know if they changed something, but my power inputs are 4AWG and not 8AWG.

That's funny, because I just got 42.5 volts at 56 amps draw. That equals 2252.5 watts. Assuming rms is roughly half of that, it sees 1126.25 watts. For an amp that is seeing less than 1% distortion, I would say that its no POS. I already knew that I would not see all of the expected power unless it was as you say Struck By Lightinin, but over 1100 RMS on a hundred dollar amp is great. That's less than .10 cents per watt. As for overheating, shutdowns, or general failures, I have had none, and I run my system at full tilt a lot. I don't know if they changed something, but my power inputs are 4AWG and not 8AWG.

only 2 ohm stable

2x25 amp fuses

signal to noise ratio 70db

alpine mrx-m240

175amps of inline fusing

1ohm stable

puts out 2400 @ 2 ohms

Signal to noise ratio 108db

power acoustik works with genies and lanterns

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I have to kick in my 2 cents here. I personally run PPIs sister company Power Acoustik. When I was looking for an amplifier, I was concerned with size, price, and output. I picked up the Razor RZ-2300D and have been happy ever since. I also spent less than 100 bucks shipped. It is tiny, efficient, and does everything my audio system requires. PPI and PA had a bad reputation for a little while, but I would not hesitate to use their equipment since the parent company picked up Soundstream. I don't know for sure if PPI is being built to the same quality control standards as the other two, but my PA is every bit as good as anything I have picked up in the higher price points. Cheaper does not always mean cheap.

I'm sorry but Power Acoustic amps suck plain and simple. A RF 300 watt amp would walk all over a power acoutic 2000 watt badged POS and it wont wreck your electrical.

The Razor RZ-2300D has 50 amps of fusing and is recommended to run on 8 ga wire. 1400rms watts my ass! Good luck getting 500 watts out of it if its stuck by lighting!

Wait,you are getting 1100rms @ >.01% thd through two 25a fuses? If you can post a vid of that clamp you will be one lucky guy with 180% efficiency at 2ohms

83 dollars for those c3s is a steal.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38335_Precision-Power-PPI-P1000.1.html

not gonna lie i feel like this amp isn't showing its true colors

14.4 @1ohm 1000 rms factory watts

12v @1 ohm 785 rms factory watts

.02% distortion

3 x 40amp fuses

signal to noise 106db

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

1100w on 4g hmmm

anyone gonna raise the flag?

just find it odd that my 60.4 takes 4g and this "1100w" amp takes 4g

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Myaq 1200 is 4 gauge its good to about 1500 watts ppi is owned by soundstream. So if middle of the road might make rated but probably wont amps are your thing have at em

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived