Sundown Audio

Opinions on Precision Power Amps

hammiethebasshead

Amps are personal preference really. So please do not take offense to what I am trying to say. I only speak from experience. Never look at a price point and refer to quality. The quality of the amp is as good as the components they are pushing x's the power being supplied x's what is trying to be achieved. Price point for wattage is not the best way to shop. I have heard the MOFO 15". They are stiff as hell, and will require alot of wattage make the cone move, they can get loud, but they lack clarity. What I'm trying to say is...

cheap + cheap = cheap. Quality + quality = Quality

People can attest to this amp, and that's ok, but if they are not pushing the MOFO's, the comparison is not the best. And they may not have the same alternator your buddy has. Alot of factors come into play especially since "you're" suggesting the amp based on price point. 2000W is alot of amp draw. If he doesn't have the electrical than the 2000W is a mood point! Stay with in the amp draw and he will be fine. It's cool that you're trying to show your buddy the light, but man, this amp may create more problems than it fixes especially since you suggested it. Dimming lights, may go into protection, having the run 0/1 gauge. etc.

Look at my install. I invested $500.00 in my system and she sounds amazing. My alternator is a 140 Amp. My amps total 80 amp fuses. So I am will below the total amp draw. Set a system up based on this, not a price point and total wattage. This is what I learned. If I go up in bass, I need to go up in watts, I need to go up in Amps,....which means up in electric....etc.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185804-e36-bmw-328ic-big-bass-small-budget/

-Frank

I know about the electric and we are getting that sorted out too. and he is not running MOFO's he is running MOJO's. Memphis subs not Power Acoustik. I just wanted to know how well these amps are since I have no firsthand experience with them. Tried to get him to go SQ 2200 but he said it was to pricey for his budget and I have seen people using the Precisions and I can get one fairly cheap (almost half the price of the SQ)

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Have a friend that deals precision. He loves them. Says they do rated and have a good clean sound. He is the only dealer I like dealing with. He really knows his stuff.

he does set gains and what not by ear last time we talked about it. If you ask him he would tell you the truth about setting them like that and understands it. He just recently started his business up though so its a work in progress.

anyways he loves the sound he gets from them and deals with them daily.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Old school PPI were awesome SQ amps. Today's PPI makes $39.95 subwoofers and awful cheap plastic decks, hard to take them any seriously about their amps. To anyone asking I'd say view them as a Hifonics alternative (probably better).

My bad Hammie, I thought they were the knockoff of MOJO....the MOFO. lol. Everytime I see that sub a cringe.

Now, here is a thought. I just picked this used amp up for my girlfriend's son. $129.00 plus 6 month warranty.

Warranty kicks in when I take it out of layaway. If your buddy is cheap, buy used! Either way, a cheap amp or a used amp

we will not know how it good it is until we buy it.

(The thing is, we as men spend money needlessly EVERYDAY. We spend more on trying to get laid

than on what we really need. lol. That same steak dinner date can pay for the portion of the good amp he says he can't really afford.)

Anyhow, my gf's son has 2 RF HX2's with a Crossfire VR1000D. We are going to install 2 more RF HX2's so I picked this

second amp since it has a slave port. Just waiting on him to buy a high output alty for his Ram truck. (He's probably going to wait for

me to buy it).

Do research and buy a quality used amp, not a new one for the dreaded price point. That is all I'm saying.

You can't go wrong with these old school Crossfire VR1000D's. They are rather power hungry and they make the CD player skip by robbing

power, but that will stop with a high output alty. Again,not trying to come across like an ***hole.
This price point is better than the PPI price point. "But if it doesn't work I'll be out of $129.00" Who cares, again we spend that on 2 dates!!!

So the argument is stupid really. That's allI'm saying.

And if the amp blows up within the warranty period, I get a credit for the $129.00! So I can not really lose personally. Having had experience with this amp, I would highly recommend you finding one. I have a VR602 in my Bimmer because I was impressed with the VR1000D!

IMAG4653_zps43390b41.jpg

Not trying to jack your thread.

-Frank

Ppi USED to be good back when they were american made,obviously they got bought out. Im just gonna lay the line out here, the cheapest brands worth buying is SOUNDQUBED/AUDIOQUE,CRESENDO,AMERICAN BASS ECT... if you cant afford what you are looking for from those companies then you better save up because anything cheaper like hifonics,audiopipe,ppi,maxxsonics will ruin your cars electrical system not to mention the amps dont last and they are horrible at making unclipped power.

I have to kick in my 2 cents here. I personally run PPIs sister company Power Acoustik. When I was looking for an amplifier, I was concerned with size, price, and output. I picked up the Razor RZ-2300D and have been happy ever since. I also spent less than 100 bucks shipped. It is tiny, efficient, and does everything my audio system requires. PPI and PA had a bad reputation for a little while, but I would not hesitate to use their equipment since the parent company picked up Soundstream. I don't know for sure if PPI is being built to the same quality control standards as the other two, but my PA is every bit as good as anything I have picked up in the higher price points. Cheaper does not always mean cheap.

I have to kick in my 2 cents here. I personally run PPIs sister company Power Acoustik. When I was looking for an amplifier, I was concerned with size, price, and output. I picked up the Razor RZ-2300D and have been happy ever since. I also spent less than 100 bucks shipped. It is tiny, efficient, and does everything my audio system requires. PPI and PA had a bad reputation for a little while, but I would not hesitate to use their equipment since the parent company picked up Soundstream. I don't know for sure if PPI is being built to the same quality control standards as the other two, but my PA is every bit as good as anything I have picked up in the higher price points. Cheaper does not always mean cheap.

I'm sorry but Power Acoustic amps suck plain and simple. A RF 300 watt amp would walk all over a power acoutic 2000 watt badged POS and it wont wreck your electrical.

The Razor RZ-2300D has 50 amps of fusing and is recommended to run on 8 ga wire. 1400rms watts my ass! Good luck getting 500 watts out of it if its stuck by lighting!

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Perfect example with what I mean about used amps. Can't beat for the price.

Rockford Fosgate BD1001P. 1000W @ 2 Ohm. At least he can one of his mojo's.

All he has to do is find another one.

I do not work at the pawn shop. I work in the medical field! I like going to pawn shops and flipping equipment on Ebay.

IMAG4776_zpsce567440.jpg

Or this one for $179.00 used. JBL GTO 1400.1 I read a few good reviews, but I can't flip it for much. Cost $399.99 on carstereoonline.

IMAG4778_zpsd981161f.jpg

I'm probably going to buy these C3's since they take the same space as my Kicker Solo rounds. Just need alittle cleaning and the Ohm reading is 1.3 Ohm in series parallel so that tells me the VC's are good. The manager knows me and told me $82.00 OTD! Probably going to flip my Solo's on Ebay.

IMAG4774-1_zps3117a81b.jpg

Go Pawn shopping dude!

-Frank

Power accoustik,ppi,kove,spl and a bunch of other cheap chinese amps are made by epsilon electronics,efficiancy isnt to bad compared to maxxsonixs/hifonics. However quality control sucks 2 out of 10 amps we sell are defective. Not to mention these dont make near the advertised power unless its clipping to hell.

However,to most people they will work. And if your happy with the outcome then thats all that matters right.

Archived