Second Skin Audio

10", 500w RMS, small space, <$150...what say ye?

Nubster

If you can find an older US made RE SE 10 they are bad ass I love the sound of mine and I have its suffocating in the thunderform I have it in now.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Ok...so I decided on the Sundown Audio 8" sub...going with just one for now in a sealed box. I also ordered the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime amp tonight. I maybe should have went with the 750 but there's a $100 difference in price and I can use that savings for some deadening...besides, from what I have read the R500 is pushing more like 650ish RMS at 2 ohm which brings up a newb question...if I'm running one sub, what do I need to get to run it at a 2 ohm load at the amp? A 4 ohm DVC wired parallel?

Maybe later I can add a second sub and upgrade the amp to the 750 and run it at 1 ohm.

Ok...so I decided on the Sundown Audio 8" sub...going with just one for now in a sealed box. I also ordered the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime amp tonight. I maybe should have went with the 750 but there's a $100 difference in price and I can use that savings for some deadening...besides, from what I have read the R500 is pushing more like 650ish RMS at 2 ohm which brings up a newb question...if I'm running one sub, what do I need to get to run it at a 2 ohm load at the amp? A 4 ohm DVC wired parallel?

Maybe later I can add a second sub and upgrade the amp to the 750 and run it at 1 ohm.

Right a single D4, coils wired in parallel is 2 ohm final. Nice sub.

Archived