BoomZoom808 Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 If you can find an older US made RE SE 10 they are bad ass I love the sound of mine and I have its suffocating in the thunderform I have it in now. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
john253a Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 A 15x14x4/12 in 3/4 is 0.635gross In that space idd run 2off Sd2-8 and you should have 0.5net (0.25each) http://www.emfcaraudio.com/sundown-audio-sd2-8-dual-2/ And run them on 7-800rms like the q1-750d or sae-600d http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34763_Rockford-Fosgate-R750-1D.html All will be 200-230amps
Nubster Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 Ok...so I decided on the Sundown Audio 8" sub...going with just one for now in a sealed box. I also ordered the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime amp tonight. I maybe should have went with the 750 but there's a $100 difference in price and I can use that savings for some deadening...besides, from what I have read the R500 is pushing more like 650ish RMS at 2 ohm which brings up a newb question...if I'm running one sub, what do I need to get to run it at a 2 ohm load at the amp? A 4 ohm DVC wired parallel? Maybe later I can add a second sub and upgrade the amp to the 750 and run it at 1 ohm.
Joe X Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 Ok...so I decided on the Sundown Audio 8" sub...going with just one for now in a sealed box. I also ordered the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime amp tonight. I maybe should have went with the 750 but there's a $100 difference in price and I can use that savings for some deadening...besides, from what I have read the R500 is pushing more like 650ish RMS at 2 ohm which brings up a newb question...if I'm running one sub, what do I need to get to run it at a 2 ohm load at the amp? A 4 ohm DVC wired parallel? Maybe later I can add a second sub and upgrade the amp to the 750 and run it at 1 ohm. Right a single D4, coils wired in parallel is 2 ohm final. Nice sub.
Nubster Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 witch sub are you planing on getting SD-2 8 D4
Nubster Posted April 24, 2014 Author Report Posted April 24, 2014 Amp, sub, wiring ordered. Time to design the box!
john253a Posted April 24, 2014 Report Posted April 24, 2014 If your going a single sealed Get the sd10 not 8 Idd still do 2x 8 but if money isn't there it isn't there So get a single 10 if only 1
Nubster Posted April 25, 2014 Author Report Posted April 25, 2014 Yeah...I may just build the box for two subs and add the second one a little later. If it's ok to build it so the subs have separate space or should they be share the same airspace?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.