Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

doing a 150 on music i would be impressed. doing 3 second burps on a high tune prefab. yea its cool but id pass. rather sound good on music. then be a one Note wonder.

Who said it was a one note wonder?

Quick question out of curiosity: Have you even done a 150 on music before? Or a 150 at all for that matter? Let alone out of a trunk

Dude you're running an AB500.1 I hope to god you are doing a 148 on the dash. I have done a 150 on the dash with a single 15 and 1700 watts out of the trunk so I'm not sure I'd act all hard out of my 148 in a modified prefab for 2 12s off an amp that is capable of making 5kw.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I've read a few different things about tuning a seald box. the math behind it is pretty ugly. the basics is something like 5ft will give a 12inch sub a 30hz flat response. and a 15needs ten cubes for a 30hz

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'm still not seeing how it gains a second resonance to allow for a tuning.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'm still not seeing how it gains a second resonance to allow for a tuning.

I'd like to know how you achieve this as well? Maybe he mean tuning a passive radiator?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

A passive radiator would still create the second resonance, increasing the 12 dB/octave to a 24 dB/octave slope.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

SEALED BOX RESONANCE are roughly , 3.5 cubic feet for a single 10 inch woofer, 5 cubic feet for a single 12 inch woofer, and 8 cubic feet for a single 15, and 12 cubic feet for a single 18 for flat responce to about 20 hz. . when woofer excursion is about 1 inch or 2 inches back and forth, with very high power of 1,000 to 10,000 watts each woofer. For 10 hz flat double these box sizes. This is for the box by itself. The math proving this is very ugly. Also this is NOT for db contests, this is for better sound quality. this is because a larger box like this will lower your 40 to 80 hz bass where the db contests are, but will increase your superdeep bass below 40 hz db level, so your superdeep is louder

this is one of the blurbs i read about it. I'm trying to find the page where they did the math

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

doing a 150 on music i would be impressed. doing 3 second burps on a high tune prefab. yea its cool but id pass. rather sound good on music. then be a one Note wonder.

Who said it was a one note wonder?

Quick question out of curiosity: Have you even done a 150 on music before? Or a 150 at all for that matter? Let alone out of a trunk

Dude you're running an AB500.1 I hope to god you are doing a 148 on the dash. I have done a 150 on the dash with a single 15 and 1700 watts out of the trunk so I'm not sure I'd act all hard out of my 148 in a modified prefab for 2 12s off an amp that is capable of making 5kw.

this guy is the reason why I want to try port to driver side.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yea you'll be in the 145 and thats exactly what I'm.going for to. but i only got one sub to do it. granted Its a $7++ 3,000w monster but i think i can do it. Also higher tune = higher score!

yeah I'll have 2 15s, one I paid $400 for and the other I paid $425.

if I break a 45 tuned in the 33-35hz range I'll be happy.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

with my box I'll have 2 different tunes. 28hz and i don't know yet...

like i said I'm doing a double chamber reflex box. its kinda like a 6th order. I'm hoping for good cone control especially since I'm going so much pass rated power.

but when we both finish i hope to see how close we are in numbers. it be nice to see the difference between 2 $400 Subs and one $7++ sub. i mean does it really equal out?

i was gonna get 2 $400 15s i really wantef the mesos. 2k each but 1 didn't really have the room i mean kinda i could but id be stuck to a normal slot vent. 2 i really wanted a single bad azzzzz sub. something that not many people had and when i seen it i was nervous Ry unleash it! I've just always wanted a top of the line big boy sub. plus having this single 15 opened my options up for boxes. i can do vented, ported, sealed, dcrb, 4th,6th, 8th, t line really anything i want. and i really like having those options.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

8th, lol.

Edit: I don't wanna come off as an ass, I am interested in the outcome of your dual reflex enclosure.

Archived