Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

i would never do a 8th but if i wanted i could. i was just on a rant. lol

but yea me to Man! I'm nervous and excited at the same time! nervous because i feel like everyone is watching me and the results of my box will make or brake the rep of this kind of box. and that it will help control my sub.

and freaking exited because well duh! Its my first big sub! ( i don't Count my old w7 or mtx 9500 because they were used when i had them)

I've been waiting a while for this sub. the worst part is i can't begin the box until i get the tps parameters. and they won't be released until a few days before the sub is.

the wait is killing me!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Both mi e and tour build is mostly going to be box design that limits us. I'll have cone area but you will have power. Both in similar sized boxes and similar power supply.

box design will be everything.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Dude you're running an AB500.1 I hope to god you are doing a 148 on the dash. I have done a 150 on the dash with a single 15 and 1700 watts out of the trunk so I'm not sure I'd act all hard out of my 148 in a modified prefab for 2 12s off an amp that is capable of making 5kw.

Hey man, firstly, sounds like I rustled your jimmies a bit. That was not the plan.

Secondly it sounds like you have access to a lot more materials and testing then I do and have been able to and have pinpointed a very efficient setup. Kudos to that.

My only intention was to diverge some on the negative stereotypes in this sport. Whether this came off as braggy to you is, put bluntly, not my problem. Good luck to you buddy.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

yea, well do a 130 with the box i just got from best buy and well talk!

all prefabs aren't created equal! everyone knows that! but what i don't understand is why you would spend triple the price for material when.you could do it better!

i honestly can't believe people are sticking up for prefab boxes. i really wasn't expecting that! I'm not being a dick I'm actually shocked.

i was pretty sure most of you were build.your own box guys.

but i have been seeing some nice prefab boxes on ebay lately. big cubes good Size port low tunes. nothing like the pos i have in my trunk!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

I still wanna know how to tune a sealed enclosure, in sense of a 4th order tuning.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'll look more tomorrow. but check out make it louder . com im trying you remember where i seen the math. i posted a quick blurb up at the top

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

yea, well do a 130 with the box i just got from best buy and well talk!

all prefabs aren't created equal! everyone knows that! but what i don't understand is why you would spend triple the price for material when.you could do it better!

i honestly can't believe people are sticking up for prefab boxes. i really wasn't expecting that! I'm not being a dick I'm actually shocked.

i was pretty sure most of you were build.your own box guys.

but i have been seeing some nice prefab boxes on ebay lately. big cubes good Size port low tunes. nothing like the pos i have in my trunk!

Lol, I actually got into it over prefabs on another sort of respected site and all types of people told me I was wrong and their atrend is the greatest. Nobody agreed with me and I just decided maybe it was time to come here. Atleast someone agrees with me

I still wanna know how to tune a sealed enclosure, in sense of a 4th order tuning.

I don't think its exactly tuning it but just that different volumes will cause a it to have different freq responses. Like say a 10" in a 1cyft box plays 30-80hz great but the same 10" in a bigger box could play lower better.

either way I like ports, they look mean and get loud.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived