Jump to content

Looking to add more mid-bass. Ideas?


JEFFYBOI

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I been thinking hard about adding more of a mid bass to the system. I have no speakers in the back door panels and that's the first spot that came to mind. I don't know anything about custom door panels so any videos or advice where I can learn more how to do so would be very appreciated. I had in mind going with some 8s or maybe some stealth subs or something in the back door panels. Not real sure what to go with. I know behind the door panel I have at least around 5" to play with. I am somewhat of a budget builder so something reasonable in price with good results please. Thanks for anyone who gives helpful ( positive ) input/feedback.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

For a bang for your buck I would go with the peerless sls8. Or the 8" silver flute. Both are budget drivers with some kick ass output. How much power do you have on tap?

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/silver-flute-w20rc38-04-ohm-8-wool-cone/

http://www.parts-express.com/peerless-830667-8-paper-cone-sls-subwoofer--264-1102

I would keep them lp under 300hz with a steep slope and deaden the rear doors really well.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

For a bang for your buck I would go with the peerless sls8. Or the 8" silver flute. Both are budget drivers with some kick ass output. How much power do you have on tap?

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/silver-flute-w20rc38-04-ohm-8-wool-cone/

http://www.parts-express.com/peerless-830667-8-paper-cone-sls-subwoofer--264-1102

I would keep them lp under 300hz with a steep slope and deaden the rear doors really well.

I like the look of those SLS 8s. I will send those door panels to there grave with how dead I plan to make them. I have pretty sufficient power ATM, so I wouldn't have a problem running those. 300Hz seems slightly on the high end but with a steep slope it should make a big difference. I will keep those in mind for sure. Thanks

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

Anyone got any good information on doing custom door panels?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

I didn't find much in this section if this is what you a referring too.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/22-interior-exterior-paint-detailing-washing-waxingtricks-of-the-trade/

You got a link? Yes I did search the forum

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

You don't even have to search! How long you been on here? You've never taken a moment to scroll down and see all the subforums of information available to you?

Nah, you'd rather make a million threads.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

You don't even have to search! How long you been on here? You've never taken a moment to scroll down and see all the subforums of information available to you?

Nah, you'd rather make a million threads.

This thread was not specifically for just doing the door panels. I wanted some mid bass speakers and I seen mids and highs section so that's what I went with. I did scroll down actually, just not far enough I guess. Sorry I missed that section and I actually try to keep the threads down to a minimum. I have been a member for a few months now.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Posted

So I been thinking hard about adding more of a mid bass to the system. I have no speakers in the back door panels and that's the first spot that came to mind. I don't know anything about custom door panels so any videos or advice where I can learn more how to do so would be very appreciated. I had in mind going with some 8s or maybe some stealth subs or something in the back door panels. Not real sure what to go with. I know behind the door panel I have at least around 5" to play with. I am somewhat of a budget builder so something reasonable in price with good results please. Thanks for anyone who gives helpful ( positive ) input/feedback.

Hey ...

I have been following the following thread, about 8" mid-bass drivers for almost a week now ... I think you will find some very good info in it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186011-8-midbass-driver-suggestions/

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 873 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...