Virgin Canvas 2001 GMC Jimmy

As of right now "it is mine, for her to drive to school and back". As you know, you can not own anything at 16. lol.

When she is 18. she can decide if she wants it. It it survives, she can get it for cheap.

All stereo components I've purchased are her's to keep for any vehicle she decides to have in the future.

Stereo=hers, truck=mine. :)

She really wanted a 4x4 truck. But,"no money, no say in what you get!" (I sound like my old man!)

If I find a beater S10/S15 truck I will buy it and fix it up the same way, over a few months with Ebay $$$.

As of right now, after this build, seeing how easy it really is to get rid of the the engine check light, I will be buying another

JImmy to flip in about 1-2 months.

I am really enjoying fixing these trucks, so easy to work on!!!

If I do, the truck can be a Swamper Only, not a daily driver. I will have to make that VERY CLEAR.

But if she wants to trade, I will do that, BUT I WILL NOT FIX THE SWAMPER IF IT BREAKS since transmissions and motors tend to blow up

due to abuse. I may sound like a dick, but she has to know what "Choices,Decisions,Outcomes, and Consequences" are.

-Frank

Dra.....DRa.....DRA....DROP!

The Jeg's box arrived while I was installing the blocks! MOOG ball joints!

Just waiting on the front spring insulators to arrive from the west coast. Damn budget! But why pay more for the same part??!!

IMAG5259-1_zpsa5acc59d.jpg

3" angled blocks are in. Ofcourse, without the front dropped 2", she is not properly settled yet.

I may need to go with a 3/4 if I am not satified with the 2/3. Luckily this stuff is not that hard to do just time comsuming!

Took me 3 hrs to do the rears.

IMAG5260_zpsdeafc78f.jpg

-Frank

Make sure to get some spring compressors for the front! Even the shorter drop springs are a PITA to get back in. Looking great so far!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

I was able to do the front end, removing the original springs was easy as pie. Just followed the Youtube video.

I installed the 2" Bell tech springs. I need to drive her around to see if she will settle a bit. If not than the 3" springs.

I found a guy locally that wants to get rid of a NEW complete set of 3" Ground Force springs and 3 " blocks for $100 a few days ago.

Hope he still has them.

IMAG5271_zpsb9f1cdaf.jpg

I replaced the ball joints between yesterday and today. Surprising, they were still stiff, but the boots were old and toasted. What a pain in the ass that was to do the uppers! Took me about 30-40 min to grind down the 4 rivets. Had to tap them out with a screw driver. I'm itchy from all the metal flakes on my arms. lol.

IMAG5267_zps407d3d68.jpg

Next the tie rods. They are shot for sure. Gotta get them from Ebay since Advance wants something like $270 for the MOOG outer and

and inner tie rods. I can get them on Ebay for about $ $150 with shipping. Just gotta wait for them.

-Frank

Onto the system, once I get done with the suspension, I will have to address the CRAPPY POLK AUDIO DB 651 6.5 components I originally picked up for $25.00. They are complete crap!!! The tweeters are SO HARSH, my ears still hurt, still ringing, from 2 days ago. I am running htem off a JL J2 320.4. 60@ x4. only using 2 channels. I had Polk 6.5 coaxials in the back for rear fill, running off the deck......also GARBAGE! They appear to only be good for techno or dub music, any sort of vocal reproduction is completely out of the question once amplified. Maybe I should do a review of sorts. lol.

I'm going to have to break out the old stuff and donate! Honestly, I like my Eclipse SC8364 series components in my Bimmer. If I do an other system, def. going high end for the front stage. Def. nothing under $300.00!

Here is the last of my old system.

Rockford Fosgate RFR 14X Power Tweeters

Rockford Fosgate RFR-142 Crossovers

Oz Audio 6.5" Superman Logo 6.5 midwoofers

IMAG5272_zps1e5e980e.jpg

I know for sure, these tweeters rock. I don't know what the octave is, maybe 18? But these crosspvers work and take about 100W RMS! I donated my complete RF 6.5 set, same as above to her brother, and he still tells me how his friends are jealous at how "CLEAN" they sound. They are running off a Crossfire VR302, 75W per channel. That makes me feel good. You can't scimp on the front stage!

-Frank

Sweet!!!

Nice setup and LOVE the old school flavor. :good:

Is that a ZX7 I spy in the garage?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived