Second Skin Audio

Hey guys I need some advice. I currently have a Soundqubed HDS312 D4 on a Q-2200.1 in a ported box 2.6cf at 33hz. I have a friend that has a ZV3 D2 12 with Nightshade soft parts that I am picking up this afternoon. 2 questions. Firstly will it handle my Q2200 ok and secondly will I need to build another box? On Sundowns website they recommend 2cf for this sub. Thanks for the input guys!

Eyecandy

2014041895180422_zps3c3b7d32.jpg

2014041895180432_zps013202ee.jpg

I have no clue. Truthfully I'm not 100% it had the ns parts. It's there any way I could look and tell? I'm going off what my friend said and he bought it from someone else.

Test it out, it's a custom subs anyways so no easy way to predict exactly how it will work, start with lower power and use your subsonic filter. If you find it sounds peaky or bottoms out build a smaller box for it.

Test it out, it's a custom subs anyways so no easy way to predict exactly how it will work, start with lower power and use your subsonic filter. If you find it sounds peaky or bottoms out build a smaller box for it.

I tested it last night. I put it in my existing box, setting my gains with 0db track it would bottom out just before clipping. I turned the gain doown slightly from there and no more bottoming out. It was less peaky than my HDS. So new box it will be. Spacewise I have 14w x 20D x up to 27H. What would you recommend Joe? I would like loud with a good range.

The z3 will take a 2200 daily no problem normally

As long as it's built to same quality with same or better parts you will be fine

I compared it closely to the pics on Sundown's site, Truthfully it doesnt look like it's been touched. If it were they did an awesome jog. No stray glue, heat shrink on the leads at thepush terminals and such.

Archived