Second Skin Audio

I have been considering doing something like that. Main reason is because all the subs I like have mounting depths that make it impossible to mount under my rear seat. I have been looking at either a sundown x10 or x12. Mine would be behind the drivers seat.

Also sorry for the thread Jack.

Lol. The box you did for your f150 is what sparked the idea for a 12" in mine. I have considered doing 2 sa10's under my rear seat but getting 2 cu net would be very tough. Then I got to thinking about just eliminating my rear seats for 2 15's. Haha my mind is going wild with ideas. I don't know if I could commit to losing the entire seat. I would be cool with just the 40% section like you did.

Lol. The box you did for your f150 is what sparked the idea for a 12" in mine. I have considered doing 2 sa10's under my rear seat but getting 2 cu net would be very tough. Then I got to thinking about just eliminating my rear seats for 2 15's. Haha my mind is going wild with ideas. I don't know if I could commit to losing the entire seat. I would be cool with just the 40% section like you did.

Besides that box it's actually removable, if you needed the 40 section you would need less than an hour to disappear your bass stage.

Besides that box it's actually removable, if you needed the 40 section you would need less than an hour to disappear your bass stage.

Exactly! I have had to remove mine a few times and it takes about thirty minutes. I do wish I had of kept the stealthbox so during those times when the twelve is out I could still have some bass though.

Osiris10012, the Sundown subs are a great choice because they do not require huge boxes like the HDS I'm currently running. My new box for the ZV3 will be well below the window line unlike my current setup.

Osiris10012, the Sundown subs are a great choice because they do not require huge boxes like the HDS I'm currently running. My new box for the ZV3 will be well below the window line unlike my current setup.

Those are very good points. I have been looking at other options over sundown, but always come back to them. The surround on the X always draws me in and I was very surprised with the output of my e10. Plus I am fairly certain with proper tuning it could handle my 1800w amp with no problems. I took some measurements last night and I could easily fit an x15 in my 40 section.

The only way I could fit a 15 would be side firing, wouldnt fire it into the door because of the rattles and wouldnt fire it the other way because my kids would break it. I already have small plastic ponys launching off the sub occasionally...lol. Your width must be 16+, im stuck at 14 because of the brackets.

Are the spiders black or yellow? Can you see the cone through the hole from the motor side?

Spiders are black. I looked through the bottom with a flashlight, can't see the cone. It's grey on the inside. I tried to take macro pics but every time I got my phone close to the motor it would freak out and go blank...lol

Yes it is probably stock.if it does have ns soft parts,the coil could be ns v1/2 and the spider could be nsv1/2- 3 hard. Yellow spiders are the newer style. Basically 5? Soft spiders on the nsv3.

*edit - if you would like to take photos of the motor you probably have to disable the magnetic case feature on your phone. I have the same problem on my lgg2. Menu/accessories/ quickwindow

Archived