Where do you live and would you recommend it to someone else?

I grew up in Michigan and have lived here almost all of my life. I moved down to North Carolina in the outer banks for about 4 months back in 08. I liked it but at the same time, the circumstances made it not a good fit for me. I am ready to leave Michigan and I have enough money saved up that it can actually happen. I figure I would ask the car audio community what you all think. Where is a cool place to move and start over?

I should probably tell you that I am 31 years old. My car is paid for. I have an electronics/IT/sales background. I would need to find employment withing a few months of moving there as well. I am excited and interested to hear what you all have to say.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

Down here in New Orleans, with an IT background, I'd apply to get a job working at my facility for USDA. They are hiring (search and apply through www.usajobs.com) and there are some fairly nice communities to live in depending on how much commute you can stand. PM me if you want to have a more in depth conversation.

I grew up not far from New Orleans in Slidell. About twenty minutes to a half hour commute, mostly middle class families, good public schools if you have kids.

Currently I live in Mandeville, little further away. Upper middle class, one of the lowest crime rates in the area, very good schools also.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I've been living in the south practically my whole life ... Wouldn't live any where else.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Move South ... Texas around Dallas, Plano. Or Frisco .

NOLA is good place to restart too !!

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

WV now and I love it... Va the other portion and I would recommend either just not Northern Va lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I grew up in Detroit until I was 17. joined the Army and haven't been back there. Will retire next year. Do not plan on going back up there either. I would move to the south. The cost of living is cheaper, people are nicer. More of a friendly environment compared to the north where most are stuck up and in a rush to always go no where. I live in DE now and work in PA teaching ROTC at a college. Wouldn't want to stay in this area. People aren't that bad but they are always in a rush to go no where. I would go south, TX, FL, GA, OK, AR............those are places I have lived. Go south.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Also a friend of mine works for Oracle. He always tells me once I finish my IT degree to look for jobs on dice.com

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Georgia Mountains. If your into the outdoors and shit I guess it'd be a nice place to live. Unless you're a Minority or of average or above intelligence, this place doesn't seem to have move passed the 1950's as long as the shit they do is legal.

Come to Canada! Alberta has some pretty great stuff i suppose. Lots of jobs that pay good, great scenery and since everyone has to much money, we all drive rig rockets so there is plenty of customization shops you can go to so you can pimp out your ride. Culture is basically the same up here, except you can buy fireworks from gas stations and healthcare is free.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Archived