Sundown Audio

Been Told This

ok ive been arguin with a friend that the ma audio hk802sd cant handle a .5 ohm load bridged even with good electrical to back it. he keeps sayin the opposite obviously lol. he says since its .5 ohm stable, it should handle it bridged since it can handle 1 ohm, but only if you have some serious power gettin to it. whos right?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

it its a two channel amp and you have it bridged its going to be seeing an equivalent of a .25 ohm load. Gonna need a retarded amount of juice and when it doesnt get it poof. So I would not do it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

it its a two channel amp and you have it bridged its going to be seeing an equivalent of a .25 ohm load. Gonna need a retarded amount of juice and when it doesnt get it poof. So I would not do it.

not true...

if you bridge a 2 channel amp, it does not drop the impedance load as if you where strapping two amps..

being that is a 2 channel class a/b Im highly doubting it is .5 ohm stable bridged, however it is .5 ohm stable stereo. Im sure you could burp the amp at .5 ohms bridged tho, but wouldnt recommend it for daily abuse. and you should also have a good electrical system backing it, or you may risk frying it.

Put a .5ohm load on a bridged amplifier, each side of the amp in series see's .25 ohm (roughly). The MA will not handle that.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

not true...

if you bridge a 2 channel amp, it does not drop the impedance load as if you where strapping two amps..

being that is a 2 channel class a/b Im highly doubting it is .5 ohm stable bridged, however it is .5 ohm stable stereo. Im sure you could burp the amp at .5 ohms bridged tho, but wouldnt recommend it for daily abuse. and you should also have a good electrical system backing it, or you may risk frying it.

you're wrong.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

^ x2 you have it wrong audiofanaticz

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I smoked many an amp in my younger days that way lol. couldnt understand why it couldnt handle two ohm mono when it was two ohm stable. thank god for warranties.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

i say it will handle it temporarily. amps chips are like a water spigot the less resistance you have he more that flows and the higher the less the water flows. if you got to much flowing it will burn up the chips. but it will handle it temporarily

Edited by subnoize

This amp has a hard enough time running 1 ohm bridged.... I wouldn't try any lower

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

This amp has a hard enough time running 1 ohm bridged.... I wouldn't try any lower

neither of us have an amp, just a random argument lol. more or less tryin to prove the mfer dont know everything

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc