Sundown Audio

Ever wire a 1 ohm stable amp to 0.5 ohm?

JEFFYBOI

I've never wired below 1ohm on any 1ohm stable amp out of fear of destroying equipment BUT I see local/forum guys do it all the time with what seems to be no trouble at all. Then again, they have massive electrical, quality gear and normally have a good sense on the volume knob.

Key is having the electrical to do it. Without appropriate electrical you will more than likely damage the amp.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

i wired my 2 channel BOSS amp [bridged] at 0.5 ohms. From normal room temp to hotter than the underside of the devils ballsack in 0.25 seconds.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Almost every amp i've ever had. dc 2.0k, dd m2a, m3a, hifonics bxi1600, hifonics brz2100, ap1500, etc etc. Just make sure you have the electrical to back it up

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I personally have never done it but I have thought about it many times.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Kicker 750.1 and RF 200x2.

Set your gains correctly and its not really an issue.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

hifonics brutus 1700.1, if I had the electrical for it might have been ok but every time the voltage dropped the amp cut off.

What voltage did it go into protect? Did you have a digital volt meter on it?

I had a stinger meter and the gauge in the car. The stinger was showing low 12's but the car's meter was barely above the 9 to the point the car would start riding hard and want to cut off

Archived